pregnant from head to toe
- Time to redistribute the chores? WALLACH, MICHELE // Fit Pregnancy;Apr/May2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p150
The article focuses on some household tasks, which should not be done by women having pregnancy complications.
- Exercise & pregnancy THE FACTS. Phelps, Kerryn // Australian Women's Weekly;Aug2002, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p148
Focuses on keeping fit during pregnancy. Characteristics of women considered with a high-risk pregnancy condition; Checklist for normal pregnancies; List of exercises to avoid during pregnancy.
- test your PREGNANCY SMARTS. Lucia, Carole Anderson // Fit Pregnancy;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p80
A quiz concerning the truths and facts about pregnancy is presented.
- BAD SLEEP, PRETERM BIRTH. S. R. // Fit Pregnancy;Apr/May2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p30
The article focuses on a study conducted by researcher Michele Okun regarding poor sleep during pregnancy, which found that preterm labor could be activated due to inflammation caused by poor sleep and a regular sleep schedule should be maintained to improve sleep.
- Maternal caffeine intake associated with a reduction in birth weight. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Aug2009, Vol. 90 Issue 1071, p68
The article reports that maternal caffeine intake is associated with reduction in birth weight, thus it suggests pregnant women to reduce caffeine intake from all sources.
- Rubella immunity falls among pregnant women. // Pulse;12/7/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 40, p4
The article reports on the warning of Health Protection Agency researchers on the growing number of women with insufficient rubella immunity during their pregnancy in Great Britain.
- Eggstra. // Baby Talk;Feb2005, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p91
Deals with the findings of a study on the health benefits of breakfast on pregnant women.
- EXPECTING CHANGES. Olderman, Rick // American Fitness;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p27
Presents several exercises for preventing lower back pain during pregnancy. Quadratus lumborum stretch; Piniformis stretch; Pelvic tilts and circles.
- Hemoglobin levels and anemia evaluation during pregnancy in the highlands of Tibet: a hospital-based study. Yuan Xing; Hong Yan; Shaonong Dang; Bianba Zhuoma; Xiaoyan Zhou; Duolao Wang // BMC Public Health;2009, Vol. 9, p336
Background: Anemia is regarded as a major risk factor for unfavorable pregnancy outcomes, but there have been no previous studies describing the pattern of hemoglobin concentration during pregnancy in Tibet and the relationship between altitude and Hb concentration in the pregnant women living...