DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
- D.C. Moves to Revoke Private Rulings. // Tax Executive;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p292
Informs on the possible revocation of the company income tax returns ruling issued by the Washington D.C. Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR). Posting of tax payment announcements on the OTR website; Mechanics of the revocation plan for OTR ruling; Impact of ruling on companies.
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;8/15/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p6
This section offers news briefs on sales and use tax in the District of Columbia. A taxpayer may file a claim for a refund under a revenue ruling if the taxpayer files that claim within three years after the due date of the return or three years from the date that the tax was paid. The Office of...
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;5/15/2007, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the enactment of legislation in 2007 to allow the Washington, D.C. Office of Tax and Revenue to enter into a closing agreement for any taxable period. Prior to amendment, closing agreements had to be entered into for a period ending before the date of agreement. The...
- D.C.'s Office of Tax and Revenue Scam Won't Hurt Ratings. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;11/12/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32752, p6
The article reports on the issues concerning the tax scam involving employees in the District of Columbia's Office of Tax and Revenue in Washington D.C. According to the report, the federal agents revealed that several district employees were involved in an elaborate scheme, stealing more than...
- Newman Taking the Reins at D.C. Tax Office. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/16/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32219, p38
Reports on the appointment of Sherryl Hobbs Newman as deputy chief financial officer for the Office of Tax and Revenue in Washington D.C. Job responsibilities; Career background; Schedule for the appointment to take effect.
- BRIEFS. // CardLine;2006, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p39
Presents news briefs on electronic funds transfers in the U.S. as of February 2006. Renewal of the processing contract of the Washington D.C. Office of Tax and Revenue and Official Payments Corp.; Agreement between Discover Financial Services LLC and Credomatic International Corp.
- City Officials Crack Down on Sale of "Loosies". Salmon, Barrington M. // Washington Informer;1/16/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the effort of the Office of Tax and Revenue (OTR) in Washington, D.C. against owners and employees of retail businesses which sell single cigarette. Topics include random cigarette inspection, law enforcement, and the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services...