MIT's Sterling Reputation Boosts $250 Million Sale
- MASSACHUSETTS: MIT Aims for Century Mark. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/16/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33517, p9
The article reports on the sale of taxable bonds worth 750 million dollars by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) which will mature in 100 years.
- If you want to buy or sell, get an agent. Ward, Mark // New Scientist;3/8/97, Vol. 153 Issue 2072, p20
Reports on the introduction of software programs called agents designed to replace people in the electronic marketplace. Trial at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology; Bargaining in behalf of the owner; Selection of the way in which the agents behave; Monitoring the trustworthiness of owners.
- M.I.T. to Price $150M of Revenue Bonds Through MassHEFA. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;2/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31827, p4
Reports on the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's pricing of $150 million in 30-year fixed-rate revenue bonds through the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority. Lehman Brothers as senior managing the sale; Possible return of the school to the bond market by December...
- Bad News on the Campus. // Saturday Evening Post;11/6/1937, Vol. 210 Issue 19, p26
Focuses on the impact of the collapse of stock market on colleges and universities in the U.S. in 1937. Percentage of endowments of Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts that is invested in common and preferred stocks; Fraction of the funds of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology...
- Indiana U Taps into Green Bond Craze. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/10/2014, Issue 24223, p1
Indiana University is selling $56 million of so-called green bonds Wednesday, the second public university to tap into the young market.
- Global S&OP: Parsing the Process. Lapide, Larry // Journal of Business Forecasting;Winter2011/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p15
The article presents information on a research regarding the division of global sales & operations planning process (S&OP) into multiple processes which was conducted at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts. As stated, criteria of parsing global S&OP varies depending...
- Implications for Online Learning: Smartphone Sales Beat PCs for First Time. Maisto, Michelle; Carmichael, Mary; Kolowich, Steve; DeSantis, Nick; Horn, Michael B.; Lefrandt, Curtis; Pederson, Miranda; Young, Jeffrey R.; Roscorla, Tanya // Distance Education Report;3/1/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p7
The article offers several news briefs related to online learning as of March 1, 2012. The research firm Canalys reports on Smartphone sales surpassing that of personal computers (PCs) for the first time ever, during the 4th quarter of 2011. Massachusetts Institute of Technology announced its...
- Maximizing grocer's profit. // Marketing News;9/22/1978, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p1
Provides information on a theory proposed by John D. C. Little and Jeremy F. Shapiro from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on the basis of which a store can set its prices. Efforts of supermarket chains to project an impression of low prices; Views of Little and Shapiro on in-store...
- MIT Readies Net-Generation Bar Code. Trager, Louis // Inter@ctive Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p16
Highlights the work of researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) that would catalyze the creation of open technical standards for electronic product codes. Sponsors of the research; What the MIT system involves; Serious issues if the system pans out.