News In Brief: ISM Jan. Index Rises to 49.9%
- News monitor. // Process Heating;Apr96, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p9
Presents developments concerning production processes as of April 1996. Yunnan Yun-Jin Forestry & Pulp Mill Corp.'s purchase of Honeywell Inc.'s TotalPlant automation system; Companies with Internet sites; Award from the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection Agency to Key...
- News monitor. // Process Heating;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p8
Reports on several industrial processing-related subjects. Nutro Machinery Co.'s development of a coating system for Chamberlain Manufacturing Corp.; Announcement of Web sites by Vulcan Catalytic Systems and the Dairy and Food Industries Supply Association Inc.; Infrared International;...
- Pulling together. Gregory, Annie // Works Management;Mar2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the adoption of lean manufacturing process among the manufacturers in Great Britain. Increase of corporate profits; Flexibility in the workplace; Management of the manufacturing process. INSET: Foiled by shared resources? Use EPE.
- The human side of manufacturing improvement. Longenecker, Clinton O.; Stanfield, Timothy C. // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p7
Explores the issue from the perspective of seasoned manufacturing managers, and to learn from their organizational experiences how to enhance productivity through people in production environments. Key practices people use on manufacturing management; Challenges facing the managers and the...
- Making multiple products is a snap if company is agile. Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;3/29/96, Vol. 88 Issue 86, p8
Reports that manufacturing companies are using agility in their production lines. Review of the national conference sponsored by Lehigh's five-year-old Agility Forum; Diversity of products and methods of production; Funding of the United States government of the agility movement.
- NAMRI/SME sponsors NAMRC XXII. // Foundry Management & Technology;May94, Vol. 122 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the 1994 North American Manufacturing Research Conference at the Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. Sponsors; Issues and topics to be discussed; Presenters.
- Single compaction method produces high density ferrous P/M... Rutz, H.; Khanuja, J. // Industrial Heating;Nov96, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p59
Examines the use of the warm compaction process in industrial processing, which is shown to develop high density levels with a single compaction and sintering process. Outline of the capability of manufacturing and automotive process; Details on the effect of density on mechanical properties;...
- Fulfilling the promises of advanced manufacturing systems. Udo, Godwin J.; Ehie, Ike C. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p23
Focuses on developments in advanced manufacturing systems. Management of manufacturing and information systems; Numerical control machine tools; Cellular manufacturing; Automated manufacturing planning and control.
- Artificial intelligence in high-volume manufacturing. Brinkley, Paul A.; Liou, Kuanlian // Industrial Management;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p8
Examines manufacturing practices worldwide. Impact of quality revolution in 1980s, and early 1990s on manufacturing practices; Role of electronic circuit board testing in manufacturing; Explanation of in-circuit level board testing; Discussion on application of knowledge-based system to...