News In Brief: Univ. of Mich. Jan. Index Off
- Real college learning. // Christian Science Monitor;11/14/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 248, p8
Editorial. Offers the authors opinion that the National Survey of Student Engagement is a more accurate way to rank United States colleges and universities than the traditional surveys which rank schools by statistics and test scores.
- SHORT TAKES: Berkeley, CA. // Advocate;4/14/83, Issue 365, p59
Reports on a survey being conducted by Lesbian and Gay Intercampus Network, a coalition of gay organizations from all campuses of University of California, to document heterosexism and to get the word 'sexual orientation' added to the university's non-discrimination policy. Persons who can...
- Source location of long period seismicity at VolcÃ n de Colima, MÃ©xico. Petrosino, Simona; Cusano, Paola; Rocca, Mario; Galluzzo, Danilo; Orozco-Rojas, Justo; Bretón, Mauricio; Ibáñez, Jesus; Pezzo, Edoardo // Bulletin of Volcanology;Sep2011, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p887
This paper presents an analysis of seismicity associated with the volcanic activity of VolcÃ n de Colima (MÃ©xico) and recorded in the period November 2005-April 2006 during a field survey by the Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia (INGV)-Osservatorio Vesuviano, the Observatorio...
- U. of Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index at 83.8. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;9/17/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32714, p6
The article reports on the survey which reveals that the University of Michigan's preliminary September 2007 consumer sentiment index is 83.8.
- STUDENTS IN BRIEF. Currie, Donya // Nation's Health;Sep2011, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p13
This section offers news briefs on health developments in U.S. campuses including a survey revealing that 88 percent of North Carolina colleges and universities being smoke-free, a study in the "Journal of Health Psychology" showing that some college students could have the wrong ideas on...
- Growth in R&D funding for Old Westbury. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);1/25/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p39A
Reports on the increase in research and development funding at SUNY Old Westbury among colleges and universities according to a survey in New York.
- Cardiff is top for student satisfaction. // British Dental Journal;10/23/2010, Vol. 209 Issue 8, p373
The article reports on the findings of the survey conducted by the National Student Survey (NSS), which shows that the Cardiff School of Dentistry has been ranked as the top dental school in Great Britain for overall student satisfaction.
- Consumer Sentiment Index Plunges. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31822, p2
Reports on the declining consumer sentiment index reading of the University of Michigan in the U.S.
- HONORS ADVISING SURVEYS. Otero, Rosalie; Spurrier, Robert // Assessing & Evaluating Honors Programs & Honors Colleges: A Prac;2005, p49
A honors college advising survey for Kent State University is presented.