Looking for Commitment
- Boston to Sell $200 Million in GOs and Bans. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p4
Focuses on the proposed sale of multi-million dollar bonds and bond anticipation notes by Boston, Massachusetts. Electronic bidding system on which the bonds and notes are being priced; Components that make up the deal; Bond ratings by various rating agencies.
- GO Spreads Widening, Though Defaults Are Uncommon. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;3/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31586, p7
Cites findings of a report released by Hale and Dorr Capital Management Inc. on the general obligation (GO) bond yields in the U.S., as of March 2003. Default rate among all municipal bonds according to the report; Increase in spreads on most noninsured bonds according to Boston-based wealth...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2003. Marketing of general obligation bonds; Improvement of the bond rating of Catholic Healthcare West; Decline of the bond rating of the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority.
- Endangered Issues. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p31
Reports on the declining rating on zoo bonds issued by Palm Beach County by Fitch Ratings in Florida.
- Hillcrest Stays Put. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the bond rating for the outstanding Series 2000 bonds of the Montana Health Facilities Authority.
- GOs to Go. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the rating for state general obligation bonds in Nevada.
- AA Affirmed. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p43
Reports on the rating for state general obligation bonds in Washington.
- Yield Indexes End Little Changed in FOMC Meeting Week. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p7
Reports on the developments relevant to bond yields in the United States as of October 6, 2000. Decision by the Federal Open Market Committee to leave the federal funds rate unchanged; Impact of inflation rates; Release of several economic indicators.
- 2000's Loss Could Be 2001's Gain. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p1
Reports on the volume of bond sales in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2000. Impact of higher interest rates on the bond sector; Effects of surging economic growth and a soaring stock market in the U.S.; Projected bond sales in 2001.
- Bonding for Clemson. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p35
Focuses on the sale of triple-A rated revenue bonds worth multi-million dollars for Clemson University, South Carolina. Winner of the bid; Primary objective of issuing bonds.