Pros & Cons of our EU Membership
- A Key Test. Parvanov, Georgy // Transitions Online;11/25/2002, pN.PAG
Presents the text of a statement given by Bulgarian President Georgy Parvanov in 2002, which deals with the importance of North Atlantic Treaty Organization integration for the future of Bulgaria.
- Remarks at a Luncheon Hosted by President Georgi Parvanov of Bulgaria in Sofia. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/18/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 24, p791
This article presents remarks made by U.S. President George W. Bush at a luncheon that was hosted by President Georgi Parvanov of Bulgaria in Sofia, Bulgaria on June 11, 2007. He congratulated Parvanov for the country's admission to the European Union. He also acknowledged the country's...
- Leader Biography. // Bulgaria Country Review;2009, p32
The article offers information on the leadership of Socialist Party leader Georgi Parvanov as president of Bulgaria.
- Parvanov Win To Underpin Convergence. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Dec2006, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p1
The article reports that Bulgarian President Georgi Parvanov won in his re-election bid on October 29, 2006. The author averred that Parvanov is the only credible candidate because he was able to attract major foreign direct investments during his term. Political analysts believed that...
- BULGARIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Dec2006, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p4
The article presents several news briefs related to the political and economic developments in Bulgaria. Incumbent President Georgi Parvanov won in his re-election bid against Volen Siderov. The country received a BBB+ rating from Standard & Poor Ratings Services due to its strong fiscal...
- Georgi Parvanov. Parent, Gabrielle // Georgi Parvanov;2008, p1
A biography of Georgi Parvanov, president of Bulgaria, is presented. Parvanov was born in Sirishnik, Bulgaria on June 28, 1957 and studied history at the St. Kliment Ohridski University of Sofia. He joined the Bulgarian Communist Party (BCP), which later became the Bulgarian Socialist Party...
- Bulgaria: Parvanov Win To Underpin Convergence. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/6/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 29, p18
The article features Georgi Parvanov, the President of Bulgaria. He was the first Bulgarian head of state to be re-elected when he won three-quarters of the vote in the second election. Bulgaria has joined the European Union and North Atlantic Treaty Organization under his presidency. Parvanov's...
- Should There Be a Set Date to Start Turkey's Accession Negotiations With the EU? Pro. // International Debates;Feb2003, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p48
Presents a speech by Turkey president Ahmet Necdet Sezer on Turkey's accession to the European Union at an Economic Development Foundation Meeting in Istanbul on July 23, 2001.
- European Union's Legal System's Challenges. Halonen, Tarja // Presidents & Prime Ministers;May/Jun2002, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p15
Presents an excerpt from the remarks given by Republic of Finland President Tarja Halonen at the 18th Colloquim of the Association of the Councils of State and Supreme Administrative Jurisdictions of the European Union in Helsinski, Finland on May 20, 2002, which deals with the challenges...