Unknown gives Hevesi a run in comptroller race
- Eliot Spitzer's Comptrol Issues. Gray, Geoffrey // New York;12/4/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 43, p13
The article reports on the issues regarding New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer's decision to replace state comptroller Alan Hevesi. One of Spitzer's choice is his close friend, investment banker Bill Mulrow. But it notes that Mulrow is also a principal in Excelsior Racing Associates, which...
- Is it too late for Alan Hevesi? // Crain's New York Business;03/12/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on the political campaign of Alan Hevesi, a political candidate for mayoralty seat in New York, New York. Records as city comptroller; Factors affecting the political popularity of Hevesi; Political campaign strategy adopted by campaign adviser, Hank Morris.
- WHY ABNER, WHY? Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;7/26/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 30, p1
Focuses on police brutality victim Abner Louima's endorsement of Comptroller Alan Hevesi's bid for the position of Mayor of New York City. Recognition of Hevesi's commitment to fighting for civil rights and justice; Possible payback to the comptroller; Hevesi's cordial relationship with Haitians.
- Different paths to Gracie Mansion. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;6/25/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p3
Focuses on New York City's 2001 mayoral campaign. Media consultant of City Comptroller Alan Hevesi; Consultants hired by Democratic Party candidates for mayor; Lack of knowledge by the Democratic mayoral candidates on the multi-ethnic politics of the city.
- Gloves stay on while mayor race warms up. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;03/19/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p3
Focuses on Mark Green, Alan Hevesi, Fernando Ferrer and Peter Valone, political candidates vying for the mayoralty position in New York, New York. Activities undertaken by the politicians in the campaign; Personal relationship between the candidates; Political platforms of the candidates.
- Hevesi, McCall get chillier: Dem candidates go their own ways. // Crain's New York Business;11/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p16
Focuses on the relationship between New York Democratic Party candidates H. Carl McCall and Alan Hevesi. Failure of McCall to invite Hevesi for a rally organized by him in Washington Heights, Washington D.C.; Comments of Doug Forand, campaign manager of Hevesi, on their relationship.
- What's the Big Idea? Tomasky, Michael // New York;02/26/2001, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p20
Criticizes several mayoral candidates in New York City as of February 26, 2001. Fernando Ferrer; Mark Green; Alan Hevesi; Peter Vallone.
- Band-Aid solutions on taxes. // Crain's New York Business;5/1/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p10
The article reports that New York State's absurdly high tax burden is coming into the political spotlight. Comptroller Alan Hevesi has issued a report that details soaring property taxes, and gubernatorial candidates have promised to act on behalf of homeowners. The big problem is spending, not...
- These candidates for mayor get curiouser and curiouser. Tatum, Wilbert A. // New York Amsterdam News;05/31/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 22, p12
Editorial. Offers a look at the mayoral candidates in New York City. Assessment of the endorsement received by Mark Green from Reverend Gardner C. Taylor and other ministers and Alan Hevesi from Reverend Floyd Flake; Analysis of the belief of Herman Badillo that he could attract support from...