- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p55
Presents a chart depicting the rating changes in the United States. List of issuer bonds; Enumeration of the rating changes of issuers included in the survey; Comments on the rating changes of individual issuer.
- Municipals Finish Little Changed; N.Y. Dorm Issues $1 Billion Deal. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2002. Increase yields of the municipal bonds; Stability of the Treasury bonds; Assessment of the credit ratings.
- 2d quarter credit quality holds strong even in the face of rising rates. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/15/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30683, p7
Cites the factors that boost credit quality for United States municipal bonds in the second quarter of 1999. Tax-backed bonds; Rising interest rates; Strong and diversified economies; Job creation; Consumer spending; Conservative fiscal budgeting. INSET: Bonds in demand.
- Research digest. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;08/07/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30204, p6
Presents assessments from credit rating agencies of the municipal bond market in the United States, compiled as of August 7, 1997. Includes Moody's Investor Service's rating for North Slope Borough; Municipal credit quality assessment by John Nuveen & Co.; Effect of tax law changes on the...
- Fitch: School's Woes Could Threaten Cleveland-Area Agency's Bond Ability. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32803, p7
The article reports on the statement of Fitch Ratings Ltd. analysts regarding the impact of the near-collapse of the Myers University in Cleveland, Ohio on the Cleveland-Cuyahoga Country Port Authority's bond-issuing ability in the future. The private university, which is debt-ridden, is in...
- Risk is Back in USPP, But Euphoria Isn't. Iyer, Gayatri // Private Placement Letter;9/13/2010, p7
The article presents information on the status of the U.S. private bond market. Angus Whelchel, a director on the private capital markets team at Barclays Capital, says investors were very conservative in 2008 and 2009, when it came to credit and tenor. According to sources on the sell-side,...
- Downgrade Rolls Downhill As Investors Reprice Risk. // Leveraged Finance News;8/15/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 33, p1
The article reports on the Standard & Poor's downgrade of credit rating in the U.S. due to high yield loan and bond markets as investors repriced risks and banks considered the capital to arrange deals or make markets. Michael Nitka of Cantor Fitzgerald LP says that the move has been driven by a...
- Lockyer Says Rating Agencies Still Not Treating Munis Fairly. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;10/26/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34399, p1
Rating agencies are continuing to treat municipal issuers unfairly even though federal law required that practice to stop, former California Treasurer Bill Lockyer said.
- Market Prepares for $5.5B California Revenue Anticipation Notes. ALBANO, CHRISTINE // Bond Buyer;8/12/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33960, p5
The article discusses the outlook for the U.S. municipal bond market for the week of August 12, 2013. It mentions how the market is waiting for a 5.5-billion-dollar California revenue anticipation note deal and more long-term paper. The long-term deals are expected to appeal to retail investors...