West Virginia Panel Narrows Down List of Development Projects to 67
- Clovis plans new industrial park to generate new jobs. D'Ambrosio, Michele // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;04/27/98, Issue 322295, p1
Reports that the city government of Clovis, California is in the midst of planning for an industrial district. Targeted area; Citing of need for job and business generation; Elements of the economic development plan; Identification of industries with potential for most growth and compatible...
- TransPark region switches identities. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Nov2001, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p15
Reports on the name change by the North Carolina Global TransPark Region, a public-private economic development project in Kinston, to North Carolina's Eastern Region. Reasons for the name change; Background on the former TransPark airport/industrial park.
- PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENT PARKS. Baster, Barbara // Economic Development Review;Winter87, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p47
Details the conceptual and chronological steps through which the Prototype Development Parks program was carried out by the Gaston County Economic Development Commission (EDC) in North Carolina. Description of program elements, timetable, costs and percentage of EDC budget committed to the...
- Kuche Constructs Petroleum and Chemical Industry Park. // China Chemical Reporter;7/16/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p5
Reports that the Kuche County of Xinjiang, China has constructed a petroleum and chemical industry park. Oil reserves in Kuche; Strategic target in the Tenth Five-year development program; Development of oil and gas; Strategic substitution base of energy.
- New district to accommodate Lhasa's burgeoning urban population. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Dec2007, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p7
The article reports on the creation of the Liuwu New District to accommodate the increasing influx of tourists and Chinese immigrants in Tibet, China. It cites that the district, which is envisioned to be done by 2009 and will cater 110,000 people, aims to address the city's growing urbanization...
- Marketing Agrees. // BusinessWest;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p29
Focuses on the marketing of Knowledge Corridor, an industrial district, with economic development initiative in Hartford-Springfield, Massachusetts. Design of the economic development programs; Prediction on the performance of corridor for 2003; Informational background about the Knowledge...
- Encouraging Innovation. Mahoney, Sean // Business NH Magazine;Oct2006, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p7
The article talks about the economic initiative initiated by the government in Claremont, New Hampshire. The author cited that the city launched its "Perfect Place Challenge." It enables a qualified business win a plot of land in the new Syd Clarke Industrial Park through the Claremont...
- State changes Madison Co.Empire Zone. // Business Journal (Central New York);1/23/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p4
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's announcement of revisions to the boundaries of the Madison County Empire zone. Enabling of economic development projects to move forward with investment and expansion plans; Employers that will benefit from the revised boundaries; Empire Zones'...
- Madison IDA tries to lure workers,firms home. Spohr, George // Business Journal (Central New York);3/26/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p20
Reports on efforts of the Madison County Industrial Development (IDA) to keep jobs in Madison County, New York. IDA director Peter Cann; Marketing of the county's five industrial parks, five of which are owned by municipalities; Incentives for which businesses may qualify.