Kentucky Taken Off Watch by Moody's Despite Lacking Budget
- State shuts down credit repair scam, wins judgment. Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/13/95, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p11
Reports that the state has won a judgment against a credit repair company accused of cheating customers with false promises to erase bad credit information. Court; Company; Suit.
- California Aside, States Are Still S & P's Most Creditworthy Sector. Montrone, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31786, p35
Focuses on the varied credit ratings of the states government in the U.S. Flexibility of the tax structure; Occurrence of budget deficits; Collapse of Internet stocks.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Cohen, Jackie; Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32243, p33
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. Affirmation of North Slope Borough's A3 rating from Moody's Investors Service; Plans of the state government of California to sell revenue anticipation notes for cash-flow purposes; Approval of an additional 91.1 million dollars of...
- Maryland Retiree Health Costs to Total $20 Billion. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/26/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32246, p4
Reports on the demand of analysts for more information before trying to assess the effect of a new actuarial valuation of Maryland's retiree health care obligations on the states credit rating. Inclusion of reporting requirements under the Government Accounting Standards Board in the valuation...
- Credit Raters Make Their Mark. Petersen, John E. // Governing;Jun2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p52
Describes how the credit rating agencies in the U.S. shape the markets for myriad debt obligations, including those of states and localities, as of June 2005. Three credit rating agencies in the U.S.; Discussion of how the agencies measure each issuer's propensity toward financial difficulty;...
- Detroit Dropped to C by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;7/22/2013, p30
The article announces that Standard and Poor's (S & P) Financial Rating Services LLC has downgraded its rating on the limited- and unlimited-tax general obligation debt of Detroit, Michigan from CC to C, reflecting the city's position as the subject of a bankruptcy petition filed on July 18, 2013.
- WISCONSIN: Outlook Drops to Negative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/19/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32839, p9
The article reports on the revised outlook of Moody's Investors Service Inc. on Wisconsin's As3 rating to negative from stable on March 17, 2008. The change, which affects the $4.4 billion general obligation debt of the state, reflects the downward revision by more than $600 million in the 2008...
- AIG's Work on GICs Remains Stable Despite Downgrades. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32113, p44
Reports on the investigation into American International Group Inc.'s accounting practices and subsequent downgrades of the insurer's credit ratings in the U.S. Impact of the inquiry into the business operation; Provision of guaranteed investment contracts to state and local governments;...
- Moody's: State Upgrades Outweighed Downgrades in First Quarter of 2007. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;4/27/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32617, p6
The article presents the report on revenue trends and credit ratings of Washington for the first quarter of 2007, published by Moody's Investors Service Inc. The report, authored by senior associate Omar Ouzidane, revealed 216 rating revisions in the quarter, down from the 230 reported in the...