Philadelphia School District Readies $1 Billion Building Plan
- Nothing Important. D'Orio, Wayne // District Administration;Apr2003, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on the importance of community building in various school districts in the U.S. Enhancement of student connection to teachers and schools; Increase of grades; Preparation of students for academic projects.
- Dealing with Your Own Failures. D'Orio, Wayne // District Administration;Apr2003, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p7
Focuses on the school district administration of Putnam County School District Superintendent David Buckles in Florida. Implementation of research-based strategy for the behind students; Development of educational plan for an individual kid; Improvement of the school district rating.
- School board updates. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);9/18/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 25, p3B
The article reports on developments related to the Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) Board of Trustees as of September 18, 2013.
- State to start shelling out for education of tiny tots. Kamerick, Megan // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p32
Focuses on the plans of the school districts to apply for state funds in Louisiana. Expansion of pre-kindergarten programs; Completion of guidelines for the financial recipients; Presentation of grants on first-come-first served basis.
- NOTICE Of Federal Program Planning for Whitney ISD. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);3/30/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p3
The article offers information on the planning process for the 2011-2015 Federal Applications by the Whitney Independent School District (ISD) in Whitney, Texas for several programs including Title I, Part A of Improving Basic Programs, Title II, Part A of Teacher and Principal Training and...
- School Plans Under Review. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/11/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33564, p9
The article reports that Parishwide School District of Orleans Parish and New Orleans Recovery School District would revise school plans to ensure that the hurricane-damaged schools in the capital of Louisiana will be rebuilt or replaced with the two billion dollars in federal aid.
- Opponents of Seattle â€˜Controlled Choiceâ€™ Initiative Claim â€˜Victoryâ€™ After Race Ends Too Close To Call. Snider, William // Education Week;11/15/1989, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the referendum on new controlled choice student-assignment plan in Seattle, Washington. The passage of the non-binding initiative would create significant political and financial incentives for the district to abandon its controlled-choice plan. Supporters of the...
- Arkansas Board Begins to Bring Unwed Districts Together. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p36
Reports on the progress of the implementation of the consolidation partnership program for school districts in Arkansas. Provisions of the program; Prevalence of school districts involved in the consolidation with no debt outstanding; Issues over the cost of merging with small school districts.
- Two Illinois School Districts Ready Sales, Including Swaption. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31765, p34
Reports the plan of two Illinois financial school districts to use bond-related financing including a swaption. Provision of funds to shore up budget shortfalls; Execution of swaption; Clarification of swaption legislation to make transactions.