NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31446, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of August 2002. Decline of applicants for state unemployment benefits; Decrease of the producer price index; Increase of credit ratings for the general obligation bonds.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Ferris, Craig T.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of September 2002. Marketing of cash management bills by the Treasury Department; Decline of the manufacturing activity; Decline of the credit ratings for the public improvement sales tax refunding bonds.
- Credit quality gains independence from regional trends. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;11/05/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30515, p30
Reports on the growing independence of individual state credits from regional economic trends in the United States. Factors driving the trend; Focus on individual credits and less on the region surrounding it; Sectors that will continue to define regions; Sensitivity to global trends.
- Moody's: Slowdown Not Hurting Munis. // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p2
Reports that the United States economic slowdown has not affected municipal credit quality. Downgrades in credit rating; Problems with corporate income taxes.
- From the TM3 wire. Marois, Michael B.; William, Selway // Bond Buyer;07/31/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30447, p2
Reports on economic developments in the United States, compiled as of July 31, 1998. Includes the assignment of Standard & Poor's AAA issuer credit rating to the Silicon Valley city of Palo Alto in California; Labor Department's report on the country's employment cost index for the second...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;10/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31487, p33
Presents charts and graphs depicting several market indicators in the U.S. Performance of municipal bonds; Prices of treasury bills; Credit ratings.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p33
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of July 2002. Prediction of the 2003 budget deficit; Disapproval of the travel policy of the government executives; Decline of the general obligation bond rating.
- Your bill is past due: A fiscal downgrade shakes the political landscape. // Missoula Independent;4/21/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p10
The article discusses the Standard and Poor's Corp. (S&P) assessment on the fiscal condition of the U.S. government. It is noted that the U.S. is one of the nineteen nations that have received AAA rating from S&P. Moreover it is mentioned that the assessment will cause greater reduction in...
- What a week it was -- and where do we go from here? KWIATOSKI, DEBBIE // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/15/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p1
The article offers information on the issues concerning the financial markets in the U.S. It states that an announcement of a debt ceiling compromise in the U.S. in August 2011 as measure to relieve its debt crisis has produced wrangling between Republican and Democrats. It adds that the decline...