Shifting Strategies in 1st Half Lead to Slight Jump in Issuance
- Central Falls, R.I., to Sell $2. 1M Under Receiver's Austerity Plan. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;8/19/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33369, p24
The article reports on the move of the city of Central Falls in Rhode Island to sell its 2.1 million dollars of deficit bonds to offset the city's budget under a receiver's austerity plan which also increases property and motor vehicle taxes.
- Reflections on the Balancing Act. Brockway, George // Challenge (05775132);Jan/Feb98, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p55
Focuses on the historical relationship between high interest rates and a widening federal budget deficit. Number of times that the budget was balanced since 1929; Connection between low interest and a low or nonexistent deficit; Balancing of the budget by year 2002.
- JORDAN: RISK SUMMARY. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;May2010, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p8
The article offers information on Jordan's business environment, political and economic risks in 2010 including the move of the Central Bank of Jordan (CBJ) to lower its benchmark reposition interest on February 22, the argument of the country regarding the plan of Israel to include two West...
- Government budget deficits, nominal and ex ante real long-term interest rates in the U.K.,... Al-Saji, Amer K. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Jun93, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p71
Explores the impact of government budget deficits on the United Kingdom's nominal and ex ante real long term interest rates. Utilization of an open and close economy model; Evidence suggesting that increases in the United Kingdom budget deficits exerts an effect on nominal and ex ante real...
- Research notes. // International Advances in Economic Research;Feb95, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p85
Presents a summary of the comments of University of Pennsylvania's Mehdi Haririan on the paper `Long-Run Equilibrium Between Budget Deficits and Long-Term Interest Rate: An Empirical Note' by Harjit K. Arora and Pami Dua of the University of Connecticut. Relationship between federal budget...
- The crowding out debate: It's over when it's over and it isn't over yet. Placone, Dennis; Ulbrich, Holley; Wallace, Myles // Journal of Post Keynesian Economics;Fall85, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p91
Examines whether there exist a statistically significant relationship between budget deficits and short-term interest rates. Review of relevant research; Formulation of estimation equation; Effects of changes in interest rates.
- Finding out how interest rates influence recoveries. Kuttner, Robert // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/13/93, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p11C
Comments on the decrease in interest rates. Factors; Implications of President Bill Clinton's deficit-reduction package on beneficial effects of lower interest rates; Income; Employment; Global demand for export products; Investment; Real interest rates; Economy.
- Good news on deficit muddies rate outlook. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;5/28/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 101, p29
Analyzes the impact of the United States' federal budget deficit on interest rates. Impact of reduced stimulus for federal government expenditures; Opposing views on impact of federal deficit.
- UNANTICIPATED DEFICITS AND INTEREST RATES. Abell, John D. // American Economist;Fall88, Vol. 32 Issue 2
Examines the relationship between deficits and interest rates. Impact of larger deficits on interest rates; Effects of deficits on the economy; Econometric definition of causality; Causality tests employed in the study.