Pitt Tells ABA He Plans to Stay at SEC
- Carter, Harlan Named to Top SEC Posts. // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p36
Reports on the appointment of directors of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Professional background of the directors.
- Touting Expertise, Pitt Says He Has No Intention of Resigning. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p5
Reports the refusal of the Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Harvey Pitt to resign in the U.S. Expertise in the securities market; Management on the crisis of confidence in the stock market; Implementation of economic reforms.
- SEC'S Longtime Executive Director Jim McConnell to Retire in June. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32339, p4
The article reports on the plan of Jim McConnell to retire from his position as executive director of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). McConnel will help in the transition process at SEC and plans to continue in private sector. According to SEC chairman Christopher Cox,...
- Senate Panel Unanimously Approves Four SEC Nominees. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p4
Reports the approval of four of U.S. president George W. Bush's nominees for the Securities and Exchange Commission by the Senate Banking Committee. Names of nominees; Job responsibility of each nominees; Support of the committee among committee members.
- White House: Pitt Criticism Political. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p1/8
Reports the request on the termination of chairman Harvey Pitt by the Bush Administration officials in the U.S. Engagement of Pitt in a behavior eroding the credibility of the Securities and Exchange Commission; Initiation of the termination request by Majority Leader Tom Daschle and Minority...
- SEC Names Enforcement Administrator in Philadelphia. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32085, p4
Reports on the appointment of Daniel M. Hawke as associate district administration for enforcement in the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's district office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Career history of Hawke; Responsibilities of Hawke in his new post; Appreciation on the attitude of...
- Donaldson Names to Head SEC. // Practical Accountant;Feb2003, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the nomination of William H. Donaldson to be commissioner of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Position held in Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette; Career experiences; Educational background.
- SEC's Bresnan Promoted to Deputy Chief. // Bond Buyer;11/6/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31259, p6
Reports on an announcement made by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission regarding the promotion of Peter H. Bresnan to the post of deputy chief litigation counsel. Professional background of Bresnan; Reasons for Bresnan's promotion.
- SEC, Miami tangle over disclosure. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;03/07/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30843, p1
Focuses on the case involving Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Miami officials on the disclosure of funds in Miami, Florida. Reliance of the lawyers on the financial professionals for making adequate disclosure; Accusation of SEC on using bond proceeds; Comments on the tax increases...