Ventura Wrestles With Minnesota Legislators in Budget Battle
- Battles royal. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;11/20/2009, p4
The article discusses the author's views about the aspiration of the British government to reduce deficit by 2014 and balance the books by a target date of 2018 as contained in a Fiscal Responsibility Bill in Great Britain.
- The Briefs. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/20/2002, Issue 323023, p4
Reports developments in California as of December 2002. Presentation of the Conrad Hilton Distinguished Entrepreneur Award to businessman Clete Harper and Terry Hill; Combination of foods for cholesterol reduction; Formulation of legislation addressing the budget crisis.
- State fiscal crisis buried key brownfield measure. Lieber, Tammy // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p10A
Reports that companies and investors are wary about redeveloping Indiana's brownfield sites. Concerns about lingering liability; Effect of the state's budget deficit; Senate bills which aim to make it more feasible to clean up and reuse brownfield sites. INSET: Brownfields corp wilts..
- Halfway There. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31524, p31
Reports that the outgoing Governor of Arizona, Jane Dee Hull has yet to sign her last legislation, a budget adjusting bill that reduces the Arizona state's estimated $500 million fiscal 2003 budget shortfall by half until December 7, 2002. Speculations regarding signing of the bill by Hull;...
- Putting jobs first makes economic and common sense. Stewart, Jack; Zaremberg, Allan; Johanson, Larry // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/15/2003, Issue 323126, p23
Focuses on the budget deficit faced by California as of August 15, 2003. Estimated amount of budget deficit faced by California; Status of bills on fees and taxes on California's business; Status of bills on re in California; Opinion of authors of regarding ways to improve economic condition of...
- Unfinished Business. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p31
Reports on the legislative sessions in Utah. Signing of a budget bill; Creation of action plans to meet budget deficits; Approval of the Industrial of the Industrial Electric Infrastructure Act.
- The Clean-Election State. PHANEUF, KEITH M. // American Prospect;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p54
The article discusses the state of Connecticut's accomplishments for 2011. Connecticut was reportedly able to close its deficit a month early and was able to pass several bills including an in-state tuition for illegal immigrants, a transgender-rights bill and a paid sick-leave mandate. The...
- State Legislative Agendas to Be Shaped By Budget Woes. Thompson, Robert W. // HR Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p29
Discusses the impact of budget deficits on state legislative agendas in the U.S. for 2003. Priorities of legislators; Issues in the paid family leave in California; Concerns on health care costs.
- Calif. pols pitch alcohol-sales fees to bridge budget shortfall. Spector, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;4/21/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p93
Reports on the effect of the legislative bills on the profits of restaurateurs in California. Budget deficit of the state; Possibility of cost increases for restaurateurs; Terms of the bill.