US Airways' Bankruptcy Filing Slams Municipal Bondholders
- TURBULENCE AHEAD FOR U.S. AIR DEBT. Appin, Richard // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/19/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 33, p8
Reports the application for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection of the U.S. Airways Group Inc. in the U.S. Concerns of the investors on the enhanced equipment trust certificate issued by the firm; Volatility of the aircraft values; Need for airline restructuring.
- US Airways exits Chapter 11 status. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/7/2003, Issue 2558, p8
Reports on the emergence of US Airways Inc. from bankruptcy protection with a cash injection after an eight-month restructuring in the U.S.
- Bankruptcy Protection. Krause, Kristin S. // Traffic World;8/19/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 33, p30
Reports on the bankruptcy protection filed by US Airways Inc. in the United States. Benefits of filing for bankruptcy protection; Problems with high labor costs; Structural changes and tactical moves.
- US Airways 'close to Chapter 11 exit' // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/27/2003, Issue 2548, p31
Reports on the filing of US Airways Inc. for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the U.S.
- Operator of US Airways flights files for Ch. 11. // Inside Tucson Business;1/11/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection filed by the operator of US Airways Inc.'s nine daily flights out of Tucson International Airport in Arizona.
- Choppy ride has investors feeling queasy. McNulty, Ian // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/11/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p1
Focuses on the impact of the recession on investors in the United States. Disappointment of investors on the condition of the stock market; Accounts on the filing of bankruptcy protection by large corporations; Concerns on the financial losses of investors.
- Lessons from CCRC Bankruptcies: Put Skin in the Game. Carr, Robert // National Real Estate Investor Exclusive Insight;1/28/2013, p1
The article discusses lessons that real estate investors can learn from the bankruptcies that beset continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) in the U.S. It cites the case of the bankrupt Clare at Water Tower in Chicago, Illinois wherein the owners defaulted on the project's bonds when the...
- Congress Looking At Enron Fallout. Heller, Michele // American Banker;12/5/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 232, p20
Focuses on the impact of Enron Corp. bankruptcy on investors and financial institution in the U.S. Reasons behind the corporations securities fraud and accounting irregularities; Implications of the bankruptcy for corporations with contracts to Enron; Plans of hearing from the House of Energy...
- Weiss Ratings Charges 66% Of Brokerage Firms Stayed With 'Buy' Or 'Hold' Devices For Businesses, Up To End. // Insurance Advocate;1/27/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 4, p31
Reports on the recommendation of brokerage firms covering filing for bankruptcy on investors to buy or hold shares in failing companies in the U.S. Breakdown of the ratings given to bankrupt firms; Increase in sell ratings by brokers; Safety ratings issued on financial institutions.