Glendale, Ariz., Last Site Standing for Cardinals Stadium
- New Miami Underwriters to Test Bond Market Before Moving on Stadium Issue. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;06/12/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31158, p39
Reports the proposal to test city's bond markets on financing the stadium in Bradenton, Florida. Postponement of the deadline for the submission of the proposals; Improvement of the outstanding debt of the Moody's Investors Service; Preparation for a general obligation refunding by Nachlinger,...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; Peacock, Wayne; McKaig, Ryan; Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31191, p41
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States as of July 2001. Recruitment of Stan Jackson as director of housing and community development; Opposition of the residents in using taxpayers money for the construction of football/baseball stadiums; Resignation of...
- Hennepin County, Minn., Planning Final $200M for New Twins Ballpark. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/16/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32796, p8
The article reports that Hennepin County, Minnesota is working the final pieces of $200 million borrowing needed to finance a new Minnesota Twins stadium in Minneapolis. The county is also planning to offer two transactions in coming months and a possible Internet sale of bonds marketed to the...
- Plan for D.C. Ballpark Calls for $410 Million of Revenue Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p52
Reports on the plan to sell revenue bonds by Washington, D.C. Use of the bond proceeds to finance the construction of a baseball stadium; Intention of the city to build a stadium; Cost of the construction; Importance of the taxable debt to repay the bonds.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elzabeth; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;8/29/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31213, p35
Reports developments in the bonds market in the United States as of August 2001. Dismissal of the proposed stadium for the Chicago Bears by mayor Richard M. Daley; Sale of the combined utility revenue and refunding bonds in Nebraska; Plans of state workers to organize a strike in Minnesota.
- FLORIDA: Marlins Still Looking. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/30/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32518, p51
The article reports on the effort of exploring a fourth location for a new Florida Marlins baseball stadium despite of its problematic price tag. According to officials, a 10-acre site in Miami, already owned by the city and the county, should be considered because it offers fans direct access...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;5/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31642, p37
Presents news items related to developments in the U.S. bond market as of May 23, 2003. Plans of the University of California to seek donations for a hospital; Voting by National Football League owners to use funds for exploring a football stadium in Carson; Plans of Nevada to sell gas-tax...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;01/24/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31063, p35
Presents news items on the bond market in the midwestern United States, for January 24, 2001. Illinois Sports Facilities Authority's launch of a request for proposal process to select a financial adviser for a bond deal to finance the renovation of Soldier Field Stadium; University of Chicago...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31478, p27
Reports developments related to bond market in the U.S. as of September 2002. Expansion of O'Hare International Airport; Plans of Mayor Francis Slay to build a stadium for Major League Baseball St. Louis Cardinals; Issuance of outstanding debt for Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.