Analysts Predict Further Corporate Trust Consolidation
- Rentsure and Clientele sums. Basson, Deon // Finance Week;01/19/2001, p34
Focuses on the applicability of economies of scale to assurers in South Africa. Ways to fund the operating expenses and profits of large assurers; Need for assurers to add value for policyholders; Possibility of consolidation among small assurers.
- Case built for more law firm mergers. Mcdonald, Michael // Crain's New York Business;03/12/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p22
Reports the growing trend in global consolidation and merger of corporate law firms. Impact of the increased merger activity on medium-sized firms; Pursuance of law firms for economies of scale; Diversification of investment banking niche; Companies looking for merger partners in the city.
- Drug majors seek economies of scale. // Dow Theory Forecasts;3/19/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on the benefits of economies of scale in the pharmaceutical industry in the United States. Effect of merger on company expenses; Increase of merging activities among pharmaceutical companies; Growth of sales following merger between Glaxo Wellcome and SmithKline Beecham.
- POWER CONSOLIDATION: the paradox of size. Allas, Tera; Leslie, Keith // Power Economics;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p18
Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of acquisition and consolidation for the electric industries. Impact on the company's shareholder value; Significance of economies of scale in mass market retail; Benefits of consolidation that are not scale driven; Importance of scale for a...
- PIS New Zealand announces merger. // Money Management;10/16/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p6
The article reports on the plan of Professional Investment Service company New Zealand (PIS NZ) and Newpark Financial Services company to merge to establish one of the largest advisory groups in New Zealand. According to Robbie Bennets, chief executive officer (CEO) at PIS, the merge group will...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/29/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 37, p15
Presents information on merger and acquisition activity as of September 22, 2003. Monthly global merger and acquisition volume; Global target volume by selected industry; Implications on investment banking.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/20/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 40, p17
Presents the investment banking database on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) as of October 14, 2003. Global target volume by selected industry; European and U.S. target volume of selected industry; Global cross border M&A rankings; Top global acquisition related lenders.
- Deal making back on track. Shingler, Dan // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/28/94, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p17
Reports on a favorable mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity in Cleveland, Ohio. Lull in M&A between 1990 and 1993; Conditions favorable to an increase in M&A in 1994; Positive reactions from local investment bankers and financial institutions.
- First-Half M&A: Take Two. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p3
Reports on the changes in the mergers and acquisition deals of investment banks in the U.S. as of July 15, 2002.