Ambac, MBIA Don't Expect US Airways Exposure to Lead to Losses
- Ambac Financial Nixes Wisconsin Regulator's Bankruptcy Proposal. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;5/26/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33524, p3
The article reports that lawyers for Ambac Financial Group Inc. are not accepting the bankruptcy plan submitted by the Wisconsin insurance regulator and will issue its own plan in June 2011.
- Chap. 11 May Help Ambac Policyholders. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;8/17/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33367, p7
The article offers information that the possible bankruptcy of Ambac Financial Group Inc. could affect policyholders of its bond insurer subsidiary.
- Ambac Seeks Prepackaged Bankruptcy. // American Banker;6/9/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 88, p16
The article discusses the announcement by the financial firm Ambac Financial Group Inc. that it is considering filing for a prepackaged bankruptcy due to its inability to obtain dividends from its bond insurance department.
- Ambac Misses Interest Payment, May File Chapter 11. Colter, Allison Bisbey // High Yield Report;11/8/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p34
The article reports on the statement by bond insurer Ambac Financial Group that it would miss an interest payment due on November 8, 2010 and may file for bankruptcy.
- Punch hit by debt concern. // Morning Advertiser;11/11/2010, Issue 518, p18
The article reports on the raised fears on Punch Taverns PLC which may have to raise more funds after Ambac Financial Group Inc. which is its bond insurer filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the U.S.
- Ambac to Pay IRS $102M as it Nears Bankruptcy Exit. CHIN, TONYA // Bond Buyer;4/10/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33892, p3
The article reports that financial services company Ambac Financial Group Inc. has agreed to pay 101.9 million dollars to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to settle a claim of the IRS, which will help the company to emerge from bankruptcy.
- North Texas Hospital District Files for Bankruptcy. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/26/2017, Vol. 1 Issue 34650, p1
Gainesville Hospital District in North Texas is reorganizing under Chapter 9 bankruptcy with $19.7 million of general obligation bonds insured by Ambac.
- Ambac Policyholders Safe, Moody's Says. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33333, p1
The article reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc.'s (AFG's) possible bankruptcy will not affect the policyholders of Ambac Assurance Corp. (AAC). Ambac Financial points out that its liquidity can meet its needs through the second quarter of 2011. Business analyst Helen Remeza clarifies that...
- AMBAC Financial Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // AMBAC Financial Group SWOT Analysis;Aug2014, p1
A SWOT analysis of Ambac Financial Group Inc. is presented.