Munis Heavy Amid Treasury Volatility; Secondary Seen as Light to Moderate
- MONDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;8/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32440, p1
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as investors are awaiting for a statement from the Federal Open Market Committee on monetary policy.
- Fed Leaves Rates Unchanged; Muni Yields Drop Two to Six Basis Points. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/14/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31449, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of August 2002. Increase rate of the municipal bonds; Stability of the monetary policy of the Federal Reserve Board; Decline of profits.
- Munis End Week Lower in Wake of QE3. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;9/17/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33782, p2
The article reports that the market for the municipal bonds plummeted in the U.S. during the week end of September 15, 2012 following the announcement of Quantitative Easing 3 (QE3).
- Muni yield indexes bear up against monetary tightening. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/04/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30822, p25
Focuses on the impact of the Federal Open Market Committee's monetary tightening on yield indexes of municipal bonds in the United States. Decline of the Bond Buyer's 20-bond index of general obligation bonds; Volatile trading in the Treasury market.
- Muni Yields Fall 5 Basis Points; California Prices $1.8B Ran Deal. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31746, p2
Reports on the extension of the municipal bond gains in the U.S. as of October 22, 2003. Decline in stocks for corporate earnings; Stability of the equity market; Expectations of robust growth of timing of possible monetary policy.
- Participants Ease Bids Amid Policy Concerns. Johnson, Anastasia; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32309, p2
The article reports on the adjustment of municipal bond yields from one to two basis points higher as the municipal bond market eased their bids in light of concerns about the direction taken by the monetary policy in the U.S. Prices were lower despite bond-friendly inflation data. Personal...
- Municipals Rise 1/4 to 3/8 Points; Primary Market Remains Strong. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31184, p2
Reports the marketing performance of municipal bonds in the United States. Impact of the Treasury rally on monetary policy on the municipal market; Ignorance of investors on higher consumer prices and housing starts; Expectation of an increase in municipal bond demand.
- Muni Prices Ease in Sympathy With Treasuries. Johnson, Anastasija; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32348, p2
The article reports on the movement of the municipal bond prices in sympathy with the Treasuries in the U.S. The Treasuries reversed their Friday gains as investor attention shifted away from weak housing data to event risk associated with widely expected interest rate hike a monetary policy...
- Traders Come Back to Find Treasuries Struggling, Forcing Some to Cut Prices. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p2
Reports on the outlook of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Factors affecting traders to cut prices on bonds in their inventories; Anticipation of a conformation of economic slowdown; Analysis of the monetary policy implemented by the legislators; Assessment of the economic condition;