Audit Study Results In
- IRS Charts Plan of Attack. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31291, p1
Reports on the plans of the U.S. Internal Revenus Service's (IRS) tax-exempt bond enforcement team to audit projects of individuals and firms in the country. Details of the plans; Problems tackled by the IRS bond enforcement team; Constituent members of the enforcement team.
- New IRS Audit Proposal Could get to the Facts, Quickly. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;5/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31384, p5
Reports the audit proposal of the Internal Revenue Service in the U.S. Enhancement of dispute resolution on bond examinations; Interpretation of tax code; Resolution of taxation matters.
- IRS Request Leads to Audits of Gulf Breeze, Fla., Deals. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/17/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31493, p4
Focuses on the request of the Internal Revenue Service to audit the city of Gulf Breeze deals in Florida. Selling of capital funding revenue bonds; Examination of the suspected tax law violations; Clarification of the state law.
- IRS eases up on pension errors. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;03/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) release of a set of rules, Revenue Procedure 98-22, designed to make it easier for employers to correct mistakes uncovered in pension plans. When the rules were released; Modification and consolidation of programs as the Employee Plans Compliance...
- IRS audits: Should you bring a pro? Block, Julian // Central New Jersey Business;7/12/95, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p19
Discusses the necessity of seeking a professional's services for auditing tax deductions under the US Internal Service Revenue's (IRS) Form 1040. Involvement of expense substantiation; Provisions in the law requiring delay requests; Consideration of issues involved in interpreting the Internal...
- Dateline Washington. Coorsh, Richard // Consumers' Research Magazine;Sep95, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p6
Reports on a US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax audit to be conducted in the fall of 1995. Criticisms on the documentation requirements and on expenses incurred for IRS compliance audits.
- `IRS Agent Jones is on line one...' Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Apr97, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p97
Offers tips on preparing for a personal tax audit. Views of tax experts whose accounting practices specialize in serving entrepreneurs; The biggest personal audit risk business owners face and ways to minimize them; How long to keep records.
- Las Vegas' IRS woes may not apply to businesses. Kindsvater, Lisa // Las Vegas Business Press;02/09/98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on how Internal Revenue Service conduct their function in Las Vegas. Why small businesses do not get audited; Importance of documentation; Tips on business from accountants.
- Give your deductions a low profile. Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;01/26/98, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p20
Presents a chart showing the average itemized deductions made in the United States. How the chart can assist persons who are worried about being audited by the Internal Revenue Service.