It's Raining Deals in Georgia, With Few Signs of Drying Up
- Letter from the Editor. // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p2A
Focuses on the Inaugural Deal of the Year competition that honors efforts in the municipal bond market. Criteria for the presentation of awards; Award winners of the competition; Deal recognized by The Bond Buyer.
- Illinois Owns Week With $1.8B. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;4/30/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33705, p1
The article reports that municipal bond volume in Illinois should remain steady in the week of April 30, 2012 due to a 1.8 billion (B) U.S. dollars deal in the state.
- Old issues, new approaches: let the debates rage. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;02/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30833, p24
Focuses on the longstanding debate on how to measure the costs and benefits of innovation in the municipal bond market in the United States. Bond deal involving Brevard County and Polk County; Uniqueness of every deal; Difficulty in finding a control group that allows for a clear gauge of how a...
- Oakland Comes to Market in Effort To Restructure Pension Bond Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31235, p5
Reports the decision of Oakland municipality in California to sell taxable pension obligation bonds. Purpose for selling the bonds; Negotiator for the transaction; Adviser for the deal.
- Flexibility for Atlanta. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p2A
Reveals the water-sewer revenue package issued by the city of Atlanta, Georgia. Steps taken in modernizing the city bond ordinance; Details on the deal; Value of the package.
- Muni Prices Stable; Merrill Lynch Wins $1 Billion of California GOs. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/13/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31159, p2
Reports developments in the bond market of the United States as of May 2001. Performance of municipal treasury bonds; Trade activities of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority; Deal between the state of California and Merrill Lynch & Co.
- Counties Trust in Tobacco. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31011, p1
Focuses on issues on tobacco settlement securitization in New York. Supporters of the New York Counties Tobacco Trust I; Deal between the government and tobacco industry; Amount of the tobacco bond deal; Implication of the multiple amortization schedules for the stability of cash flows;...
- Maryland GOs Withstand Market Selloff. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;3/7/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33873, p2
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. municipal bond market in the first week of March 2013. She mentions that Maryland has come in the market with its gilt-edged general obligation loan deal amounting 680.6 million U.S. dollars which is one of the largest...
- Munis Weaken as Chicago Deal Set to Price. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;1/12/2016, p1
Top-rated municipal bonds were weaker at mid-session, according to traders, while Chicago's $500 million of general obligation bonds were set to be priced in the primary.