California Judge Set to Name Referee in School District Suit
- No Child Brings Every Lawyer Out. Pascopella, Angela // District Administration;Apr2003, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the increasing number of lawsuits from parents of schoolchildren filed against the school districts in the U.S. Result of the No Child Left Behind federal mandate; Failure of the school to properly notify parents on the performance of the school district; Need for the improvement of...
- Honor Bound. // Teacher Magazine;Jan2000, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the settlement for the law suit filed by Somer Chipman Hurston and Chasity Glass filed against Grant County, Kentucky school officials in 1998. Why the school district denied their National Honor Society applications; Terms of the settlement.
- Kentucky School Coalition Files Lawsuit on Funding. Cavanagh, Sean // Education Week;9/24/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p24
A coalition representing a majority of Kentucky's school districts filed a lawsuit last week against the state legislature, charging that lawmakers have violated their constitutional duties by failing to provide K-12 schools with sufficient funding. The Council for Better Education, a nonprofit...
- FULL COURT PRESS. // ABA Journal;Mar2002, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p18
Provides information on a lawsuit filed by Lynn Rubin against California's New Haven Unified School District, seeking the dismissal of basketball coach Blake Chong, after Rubin's son, Jawaan, was kicked out of the varsity team. Amount sought by Rubin for damages; Events which led to the lawsuit.
- Arkansas High Court to Hear New Motion in School Suit. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/7/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31795, p4
Reports on the filing of a new motion in a lawsuit filed by the Lake View School District against the state government in Arkansas. Inadequacy of the school finance formula; Prohibition of state spending until the implementation of the strictures of the court order; Details of the case.
- Demoted white worker wants damages from black supervisors. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;6/8/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 170, p1
The article discusses the U.S. court case Sanders v. Lee County School District in Arkansas which deals with racial discrimination.
- The Writing on the Wall Is Going, Going, Gone. Kozlowski, James C. // Parks & Recreation;Feb2000, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on a lawsuit filed by Edward DiLoreto against the superintendent of the Downey Unified School District over the District's refusal to post an advertisement, paid for by DiLoreto, on the Downey High School's baseball field fence. Details of the case; Forum analysis conducted; Court's...
- Televangelist Network Sues Calif. College District. Fisher, Marla Jo // Community College Week;3/29/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the lawsuit filed by religious broadcasting network Daystar Television of Dallas against the Coast Community College District in Costa Mesa, California. Reason for filing the case; Request of the network from an Orange County Superior Court judge; Losses suffered by one of the...
- Court Orders District to Tutor Boy Expelled for Gun at
School. Gehring, John // Education Week;9/8/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p4
A 4th grader who was expelled for two years for taking a pellet gun to a suburban Chicago school must be provided tutoring by the school district, a Cook County circuit judge has decided. Judge David Donnersberger ruled on August 25 that Illinois' 1,700-student Consolidated Community School...