N.J. Court Kills Debt Challenge, Delays Ruling on Previous Deals
- Gov. Pataki Wants More TFA Bonds. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;1/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32054, p1
This article reports that New York Governor George Pataki wants to give New York City's Transitional Financing Authority (TFA) the power to issue an additional $2.8 billion of debt to help pay for school construction costs. David Ernst, a spokesman for the New York State School Board...
- Indiana Schools in Waiting Game as Governor Plans Building Freeze. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32054, p3
This article reports that Carmel-Clay Schools superintendent Barbara Underwood remains optimistic as she awaits the details on Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels' plan to place a 120-day moratorium on school construction, which could mean a delay in her district's plan to build a new elementary...
- Gov. Daniels Wants Review Of School Construction Aid. Gehring, John // Education Week;2/2/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p26
The article focuses on the Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels who has called for a 120-day moratorium on issuing school construction bonds, and wants more analysis of where the state's education dollars are going. During his January 18, 2005 State of the State Address, the Republican said he would...
- State Budget Chief: Connecticut's Debt Down. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;1/13/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34042, p1
The article focuses on Connecticut's Governor Dannel P. Malloy administration's latest report on state debt. According to the report, total outstanding bonded debt is 20 billion dollars with the largest categories local school construction, special tax obligation bonds for transportation (19%)...
- Buy Now So Your Kids Can Pay Later. Scarry, Donald M. // njbiz;10/27/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p16
Focuses on the issuance of contract bonds in New Jersey. Amount of the school construction contract bond between the Economic Development Authority (EDA) and the Treasury Department; Plan of EDA to finance the state's Business Employment Incentive Program; Purpose of the debt-limitation clause.
- Colleges put expansion plans on fall ballots. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;8/12/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p9
Focuses on the public referendum for school construction in Chicago, Illinois. Expansion programs for an increasing school enrollments; Cost of the construction projects; Need for expansion of laboratory and computer space.
- Cleveland Schools Happy With Competitive QSCB Sale. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/5/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33394, p3
The article reports that the Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) of Ohio had decided to take competitive bids on its 55 million dollar of qualified school construction bids.
- Calif. to decide next week on fate of $3 billion in construction bonds. Lindsay, Drew // Education Week;3/20/96, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p17
Reports on expectations of election results for school construction contracts in California in 1996. Percentage of voters supporting the issuance of construction bonds; Television campaigns touting the benefits of construction bonds; Comments.
- SDA targets training to small companies. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p2
The article focuses on a training program introduced by the New Jersey Schools Development Authority (SDA) for small and minority- and woman-owned businesses that plan to pursue school construction contracts.