Michigan Governor Pleased With Court Ruling Supporting Takeover of Flint
- Flint & me. Moore, Michael // Money;Jul96, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p86
Returns to the author's hometown of Flint, Michigan in 1996 a decade after the city placed last in `Money' magazine's list of the 300 Best Places to Live in America. The outraged response of the citizens in 1987, including a public burning of the magazine issue; The town's obsession with lists...
- As City's Woes Continue, Moody's Downgrades Flint, Mich.'s GOs. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/12/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31179, p39
Details the financial status of Flint City, Michigan due to a general obligation (GO) debt from Moody's Investors Service Inc. Views of analyst Dianne Golub on the GO unlimited tax ratings; Amount of deficits for the year 2001; Impact of unlimited tax levy on financial losses.
- Buick City's demise. Gardner, Greg // Ward's Auto World;Jun97, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p23
Looks at the expected decrease in the amount of employees who will be working at General Motors Corporation's Buick City plant in Flint, Michigan. Reason for this; Possible impact of this move on Flint's economy; Amount of General Motors investments in Flint; Details on Buick City; Comments...
- Flint. // Corporate Detroit;Jan1994, Vol. 11 Issue 1, pF-1
Focuses on the economic conditions in Flint and Genesee County, Michigan. General Motors Corp.'s role on the county's economy; Unemployment; Role of entrepreneurs in the county's economy; Genesee Economic Area Revitalization's (GEAR) goals.
- GM's company town. Buss, Dale D. // Automotive News;06/28/99, Vol. 73 Issue 5826, p26
Discusses the implications of General Motors Corp.'s decision to close down its Buick assembly plant in Flint, Michigan. United Auto Worker's strikes at the plant; Unemployment figures; Economic-diversification efforts of the city; City leaders' strategy for winning the high-stakes campaign to...
- Woe is Flint, a city of low self-esteem. Buss, Dale D. // Automotive News;06/28/99, Vol. 73 Issue 5826, p27
Discusses the impact of bad media vibes on Flint, Michigan's long-term reputation and chances for economic recovery. PC game SimCity 2000's use of Flint as one of four settings where participants can play out a rescue scenario; United Auto Workers' strikes at General Motors Corp.'s assembly...
- Flint Gets $2M from Michigan to Improve Water Quality. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;2/6/2015, p22
The article reports that Michigan Governor Rick Snyder has given the city of Flint, Michigan $2 million in grants to improve its water quality.
- Flint, Mich. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;3/18/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p14
Reports on the economy of the city of Flint in Michigan as of March 2002. Effect of the layoffs on Flint; Median income in the city; Colleges jointly marketing to rejuvenate the city.
- Flint Mayor Says People, Not Government Will Drive Urban Renewal. Garcia, Alexis; Detrick, Paul // Hit & Run;10/1/2014, p41
A YouTube video is presented of Flint, Michigan mayor Dayne Walling who explained the role of people in driving the city's urban renewal.