NEWS IN BRIEF
- Strong economic growth and high employment levels define... Alguire, Mary S. // Arkansas Business & Economic Review;Spring98, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p32
Looks at the economic growth and employment rates in the United States and Arkansas for the first quarter of 1998. Economic indicators in Arkansas.
- EMPLOYMENT DATA FROM THE HOUSEHOLD SURVEY. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep80, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p71
Presents statistics on employment in the U.S. as of September 1980, obtained from the Current Population Survey. Employment status of the noninstitutional population; Employment status and unemployment rates by sex, age and race; Selected employment and unemployment indicators.
- District economy expected to slow through 1997. Dahl, David S. // Fedgazette;Jan1997, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p4
Presents several graphs and charts on the economic conditions for the states of Minnesota, Montana, North and South Dakota, Wisconsin and Upper Peninsula in Michigan for the years 1995 and 1996. Employment change by sector; Nonfarm employment growth; Unemployment rate; Odds of an employment...
- Payrolls Rise 18,000; Jobless Rate Jumps to 5.0%. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32789, p2
The article reports on the increase in payroll composition and unemployment rate in the U.S. for December 2007. Figures indicate that payroll was up by 18,000 and unemployment rate has increased to 5.0 %. It is inferred that the figure reflects a slowing economy for the fourth quarter of the...
- Jobless Claims Slip 8,000 to 290,000. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;1/19/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32550, p6
The article reports on the decrease in the number of first-time applications for state unemployment claims in the week ending January 13, 2007. Jobless claims decreased 8,000 to 290,000 during the week. The four-week moving average decreased 6,500 to 308,000 from the previous week's revised...
- We want to count jobs, but what's the best way? Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/19/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p26
The article comments on employment estimates in the United States. According to the author, employment is not measured once. In fact, employment is measured four times by various federal and state agencies. However, these estimates generate different outcomes. At times, they even tell very...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31729, p6
Presents a chart on 'The Bond Buyer' legislative status report as of September 29, 2003 in the U.S. Introduction of legislation; Details of the existing law in accordance to each legislation; Presentation of the proposed law; Discussion of the existing status of the nation's economic conditions.
- Muni Yields Fall 3 to 5 Basis Points; Merrill Wins Alabama Water Issues. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31537, p2
Reports that the Alabama Water Pollution Control Authority has sold two issues of revolving fund loan bonds in the new-issue market, while cash yields have fallen. Details of the rise in leading economic indicators and its implications for the level of economic activity; Comments of traders in...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, May 3. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31875, p2
Presents a chart depicting economic indicators and other updates in the bond market as of may 3, 2004.