Airline Struggles Felt in Chicago, Denver
- Chicago, Airlines Reach Pact on O'Hare. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/15/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33482, p1
The article reports on the agreement between Mayor Richard Daley and American Airlines Inc. and United Airlines officials, regarding the expansion projects at O'Hare International Airport, in Chicago, Illinois. Both companies agreed to drop their lawsuits once the city's authority proceeds with...
- UAL, American pushing new O'Hare plan. Richardson, Patricia; Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;07/03/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p1
Focuses on the efforts of tenants, United Airlines and American Airlines, to get the city of Chicago, Illinois to rework the multibillion-dollar World Gateway expansion project at the O'Hare International Airport. Proposals made by the two airlines to speed up improvements benefiting their...
- Airline industry cuts deeper outside Chicago. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;11/5/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p9
Reports on Chicago's spared from the impact of airline industry cutbacks. Limit of arrivals and departures at O'Hare International Airport; Superiority of United Airlines and American Airlines; Elimination of normal seasonal fluctuations.
- City must end stranglehold on O'Hare gates. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/24/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p16
The article reflects on the duopoly of United Airlines Inc. and American Airlines Inc. at the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. It states that United Airlines and American Airlines, which control nearly 90% of traffic, are raising fares while they cut flights at the airport. It...
- United and American... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/4/1999, Vol. 151 Issue 14, p20
Reports that United and American airlines will seek antitrust immunity from the United States Justice Department to coordinate their schedules at the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Prevention of flight delays; Scheduled operations as above the airport's capacity.
- O'Hare Runway Rescue. Ott, James // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/10/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 6, p47
The article reports on the 8 billion U.S. dollar O'Hare Modernization Program whose initial phase has achieved efficiencies in terms of aircraft arrival and departure rates at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. According to city aviation officials, negotiations are underway...
- Up in the air at O'Hare. Pletz, John; Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;2/15/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on the rift between the Chicago, Illinois City Hall and airlines at Chicago O'Hare International Airport over the airport's expansion. The City is insisting that the completion of O'Hare's expansion include building a new terminal, which the airlines oppose. It reports that...
- CHICAGO O'HARE COMMISSIONS NEW RUNWAY. // Airports International;Nov2013, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the fourth runway, the runway 10C/28C, commissioned by the Chicago O'Hare International Airport in five years to be built under the O'Hare Modernisation Programme (OMP) in Illinois.
- Chicago and OHare Airlines Reach Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/2/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34453, p1
Chicago and the major airlines that operate at O'Hare International Airport have agreed to a $1.3 billion plan that paves the way for construction of a new runway that would complete the long-planned parallel reconfiguration of runways.