IN THE LOOP&ellip;
- ABFFE Files FOI Suit Over Patriot Act. Nawotka, Ed // Publishers Weekly;8/26/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 34, p10
Reports on a request for information jointly filed by the American Booksellers Foundation for Free Expression, the American Civil Liberties Union and the Electronic Privacy Information Center regarding the issuance of subpoenas to bookstores, libraries and newspapers in the U.S. Reasons behind...
- Protective Orders And Right-To-Know. Raffensperger, Carolyn // Environmental Forum;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) of 1986 which mandates the provision of information in the U.S. Purposes of EPCRA; Information on protective orders.
- Scholars assail Reagan on Freedom of Information Day. // American Libraries;May88, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p333
Presents news briefs on the U.S. government's proclamation of March 16 as Freedom of Information Day. Harvard scholars' accusation that the government of U.S. President Ronald Reagan was trying to restrict access to various types of information; Celebrations of Freedom of Information Day by...
- A watchful eye. Marquand, Ian // Quill;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 89 Issue 6, p40
Presents information on the human factor in freedom of information (FOI) in the United States. Efforts being taken by local FOI advocates to address threats to public access to government.
- New marketing scheme links Christian publishers, booksellers. Griffin, W. // Publishers Weekly;8/25/89, Vol. 236 Issue 8, p44
Announces the Christian Booksellers Association's new national marketing partnership for Christian retailers and suppliers called LifeDiscovery. What the program will provide to participating stores; Fifteenth Anniversary of the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association; Activities and...
- News from the ABC. Schnol, J. // Publishers Weekly;2/23/90, Vol. 237 Issue 8, p138
Reports on the Association of American Booksellers for Children. Their new venture; Raffle held to help the California booksellers affected by the earthquake; Peace kit.
- Washington indies form association. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;1/30/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the establishment of the Washington Independent Booksellers Association. Formulation of a mission statement; Cosponsoring of several events.
- CBA eyes ways to expand business. Bates, Patricia // Billboard;3/22/97, Vol. 109 Issue 12, p69
Discusses news relating to the Christian Booksellers Association (CBA) and the CBA Expo '97. The belief that there will be a higher demand for Christian videos, books, music, and computer software as the second millennium nears; Comment from CBA chairman and owner of Evangel Inc. Steve Adams;...
- Mid-South group has wide-ranging impact. Summer, Bob // Publishers Weekly;11/18/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 47, p29
Looks at the Mid-South Independent Booksellers for Children, an alliance of retailers from both specialty and general stores in Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas. Marketing and promotion as major goals of the alliance; The group's affiliation with Mid-South Booksellers...