Fiscal 2002 Brings Mostly Modest Increases In Profits, Revenues For Leading Book Publishers
- Trade Publisher Profitability Falls in Fiscal 2000, Shows Signs of Life in 2003. // Book Publishing Report;11/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the financial performance of the book trade publisher in the U.S. as of November 2003. Decline in Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc.'s operating profit and revenues; Strength of HarperCollins Publishers Inc.'s book sales; Reader's Digest Inc.'s double-digit growth in operating profit.
- Potter a Boon for... HarperCollins? Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;7/25/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 29, p6
Reports on the possible benefits of the financial deal between publishing companies Scholastic and HarperCollins to HarperCollins. Impact of the success of the Harry Potter books to HarperCollins; Overview of the deal; Profit being expected from the deal.
- Sales, Earnings Jump at HC. // Publishers Weekly;2/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 7, p85
Reports on the gains in sales and earnings posted by HarperCollins for the second quarter of 2000. Revenues of the book company; Factors which contributed to the increased sales.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;8/18/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p5
Reports developments in publishing industry in the U.S. as of August 18, 2003. Revenue of HarperCollins in its 2003 year; First quarter fiscal sales of Thomas Nelson Inc.; Increase of the profit of Indigo Books.
- The New HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/10/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 23, p4
The article focuses on publisher HarperCollins (HC) and its transition into digital publishing. It states in July 2012 the company purchased publisher Thomas Nelson, which has helped end HC's decline in revenues, and mentions that HC's EBITDA will finish the fiscal year 2013 well ahead of fiscal...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;2/13/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on issues and events related to book publishing business in the U.S. as of February 2006. Sales and operating income of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. increase in the second quarter ended December 31, 2005. Sales of Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. for the third quarter ended...
- Strong 4th Quarter Fuels Impressive Year at Harper. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;8/19/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 33, p15
Reports on the financial performance of publishing firm, HarperCollins for the year 2002. Increase in operating profit for the fourth quarter of 2002; Authors and books that contributed to strong sales in 2002; Information on the company's plan for 2003.
- Category Review: Finding Religion. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2011, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p3
The article presents an overview of the market segment of religious books publishing at the HarperCollins Publishers LLC/Thomas Nelson Inc. Noted is that the market will be a busy one since over the past four quarters, around 154 editions of 128 titles have been identified within he religion...
- In the Loop... // Book Publishing Report;03/26/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p8
Presents a round-up of news about United States book publishers and sellers, recent as of March 2001. Global book distribution network of Advanced Marketing Services Inc.; HarperCollins; Scholastic's publication of a range of titles based on Hasbro's Tonka brand and My First Games collection;...