Eco-tax 'will hit next year'
- 'Taxes and laws threaten growth'. // Travel Weekly (UK);3/5/2010, Vol. 5, p6
The article focuses on the possible effects that environmental taxes and regulation in Europe might have on the tourism industry in Great Britain.
- Tour reps are wary of reaction to new charge. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/5/2002, Issue 2525, p26
Reports that travel tour representatives are wary of the effect of eco-tax on holiday bookings in Great Britain.
- Charge triggers green light for regeneration. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/2/2002, Issue 2529, p45
Reports on tourism projects funded by eco-taxes on Balearic Islands, Span. Tourism infrastructure; Details of government plans to improve tourism.
- 'No eco-tax in Catalonia'. Coulter, Adam // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;10/21/2002, Issue 2536, p31
Reports on the Catalan Tourist Board in Spain's denial that the agency will be introducing an eco-tax policy by 2003. Reason behind the agency's decision not to implement eco-tax in the area; Possible effect of an eco-tax policy on the area's tourism.
- Balearics tax fuels visitor fall. Coulter, Adam // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/6/2002, Issue 2512, p8
Highlights the preparedness of Balearic tourist authorities for a decline in visitors to the Spanish islands after the imposition of an eco-tax on tourists in April 2002. Factors which contributed to the drop in the number of visitors; Tax rates.
- INDUSTRY VIEWS. // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals (00494577);5/5/2003, Issue 1666, p31
Quotes executives in the travel industry pertaining to the eco-tax in the Balearic Islands. Need for the Balearics government to improve its public relations to make people less cynical about the eco-tax; Environmental policy of the country.
- Balearics seeks to mend ties with UK. Coulter, Adam // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/30/2003, Issue 2570, p21
Focuses on Balearics government's efforts to rebuild its relationship with tour operators and hoteliers in Great Britain. President's pledge to eliminate the eco-tax; Government's plans to finance the 2003 Association of British Travel Agents Convention.
- Catalan pledge on tourism tax. Bentley, Ross // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals (00494577);3/15/2004, Issue 1709, p57
Reports that holidaymakers to the Catalan region are soon to be hit with a tourist tax have been denied by the Catalan tourist board's Great Britain director. The tax will only affect local Catalan citizens who will have to pay a levy similar to Britain's council tax. Fears were voiced in the...
- IN BRIEF. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/6/2002, Issue 2512, p26
Presents news briefs on the British travel industry as of May 6, 2002. Collection of customer payments; Charges imposed by British Airways for calls made to its Rapport agency support number; Eco-tax on passengers travelling to the Balearics in Spain from May 1.