- The Pentagon has worked out a plan. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;7/5/95, Vol. 87 Issue 153, p2
Reports on a deal negotiated by the military, the White House, and the base-closure commission to preserve 11,000 jobs at California's McClellan Air Force base, as reported on July 5, 1995.
- More base-closing politics. Koehl, Carla; Tanaka, Jennifer // Newsweek;7/17/1995, Vol. 126 Issue 3, p6
Reports why the efforts to save McClellan Air Force Base and President Bill Clinton's re-election chances in California are running into trouble at the Pentagon. The Base Realignment and Closure Commission's voting; Problems the Department of Defense has run into; The White House's plan to...
- Off base. Kitfield, James // Government Executive;Jun98, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p28
Reports on the closing of Sacramento and San Antonio Air Logistics Center (ALC) in California and Texas. Impact of the closing of the air bases on its workers; reactions of the public on the closure of the bases; Commission which ordered the closing of the bases.
- Echoes of El Toro: Seal Beach May Be Vulnerable to Closure. Padilla, Mathew // Orange County Business Journal;1/24/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p1
The article presents information on the process of air bases closures initiated by the U.S. Army. All of the California's bases--including those in Seal Beach, Los Alamitos and at Camp Pendleton--are on the list. An area military facility at Camp Pendleton has airport implications. But the...
- Debate delayed misses the mark. // Inside Tucson Business;07/14/97, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p4
Editorial. Comments on the US Supreme Court's decision to postpone consideration of another round of military base closings, which affect the Davis-Monthan Air Force in Tucson, Arizona.
- Chamber: Protect Fairchild. Cooley, Megan // Journal of Business (10756124);10/2/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 20, pA1
Reports on the Spokane Regional Chamber of Commerce's formation of a group called Forward Fairchild, whose primary purpose is to protect the Fairchild Air Force Base in Washington State from the threat of closure. Plan to bolster the military base by adding the operations of other bases once...
- Leadership in economic development: The case of the closing of Chanute Air Force Base in Rantoul... Podagrosi, Kay B. // Economic Development Review;Winter96, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p39
Describes the leadership role of the author as the mayor of Rantoul, Illinois with the closure of the Chanute Air Force Base. Surrounding events; Community response; Importance of communication; Accomplishments; Localization of authority.
- Base transfer mired in suit. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/3/95, Vol. 234 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the delay in the transfer of the Pease Air Force Base in New Hampshire due to court disputes over environmental controls in the redevelopment of military sites. Pease as first major military installation to close under the Base Closure and Realignment Act in 1991; Previous court...
- Critics question plan to transfer EW facilities. Klass, Philip J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/8/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 19, p26
Questions the savings claimed by the Pentagon for the proposed transfer of US electronic warfare simulation test facilities to Air Force Flight Test Center, Edwards AFB, California. Facilities to be transferred under the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) proposal; Pentagon's estimate of the cost.