- Pentalls to put more emphasis on contemporary. // Cabinet Maker;10/06/2000, Issue 5208, p2
Reports the demand of contemporary lifestyle furniture for Bentalls in Bristol, England. Importance of furniture as a store merchandise; Efforts of the company to eliminate company borrowing and aid development; Accounts on the percentage sales increase of the company.
- Bentalls' Bristol warning. // Cabinet Maker;06/09/2000, Issue 5191/5192, p4
Reports on the concern of furniture company Bentalls chairman Edward Bentall over poor stores sales at the company's site in Bristol, England from February 1 to May 27, 2000.
- Furniture sales growth stills low. // Cabinet Maker;8/25/2006, Issue 5502, p6
The article reports on the decrease of the growth in sales of furniture and lighting compared with sales in the rest of the retail economy, according to figures from National Statistics in Great Britain. Furniture and lighting retailers continued to suffer with just 2 percent year-on-year growth...
- Retailers tough it out as sales drop accelerates. // Cabinet Maker;11/23/2007, Issue 5565, p3
The article reports on the sale performance of furniture and lighting over two years from 2006 to 2007 in Great Britain. National Statistics' figures show furniture and lighting sales were worth Â£770.1 million. The author also discusses the possible factors that influenced the sales...
- Fenwick offers pound71m for Bentalls. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2001, Issue 5245, p5
Reports the purchase of furniture department store chain Bentalls by rival company Fenwick in England. Strategic fit for Fenwick; Opportunity for employees and shareholders; Prediction of sales for the combined chain.
- Marriage of design and function shine light on category. Paschal, Courtney M. // Casual Living;Dec2008 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p62
The article discusses the function of outdoor lighting in outdoor decoration by complementing casual furniture and accessories. It notes that despite the Interior Designers & Casual Spaces survey finding which claims that only 1% make up outdoor lighting furniture sales, they consider lighting...
- French Finery. // Architectural Digest;Jun2004, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p66
Features the French furnishings and lighting fixtures of Pavilion in Chicago, Illinois. Characteristic of the products; Contact information; Location of the shop.
- Quoizel to celebrate WMC space. // Furniture/Today;1/30/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p46
The article reports on the celebration of the grand opening of Quoizel Inc.'s (QI) furniture showroom at the World Market Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. QI, a decorative lighting designer and distributor, will execute a ribbon-cutting ceremony and champagne toast on February 1, 2006. And the...
- Natural approach. Calton, Rachel // Cabinet Maker;1/19/2007, Issue 5521, p102
The article profiles Claire Norcross, design manager of lighting at Habitat in Great Britain. Norcross worked in house with Habitat since 2004, she won an "Elle Decoration" design award in 2006 for her best-selling spiraling copper lamp Ribbon. She graduated from Manchester Metropolitan...