It's enough to make you foam
- Foam price hike rocks upholstery industry. // Cabinet Maker;8/23/2002, Issue 5301, p1
Reports that British furniture retailers face increased upholstery prices as manufacturers struggle with a sharp rise in the cost of foam.
- Custom orders doing nicely, thanks. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;9/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on retailers' custom order service on leather upholstery. Importance of the leather upholstery category on the retail business; Popularity of leather upholstery at the Houseworks, a contemporary shop in Indianapolis; Circle Furniture's use of the American Leather and Norwalk for lower...
- Leather gets consumers excited, ready to buy. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;9/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p8
Reports on developments in leather upholstery market. Popularity of leather upholstery; Retailers' efforts to maximize their leather category and improve their merchandising.
- July trading. // Cabinet Maker;9/8/2006, Issue 5504, p30
The article focuses on the trading performance in the furniture industry in Great Britain as of July 2006. Recent survey shows that there have been an upturn in the industry, specifically in upholstery which is considered to be its best performing sector. Some of the 58 percent of the retailers...
- Retailers scramble to replace Quaker fabrics. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;7/30/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p164
The article reports that retailers are checking lists from upholstery vendors and taking covers out of commission following the closure of Quaker Fabric, a fabric supplier. Belfort Furniture upholstery buyer Alician Bratton explains the impact of Quaker's closure on the company's fabrics...
- Upholstery makers hope for more stability. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;12/26/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p46
The article reports on the hopes of upholstery manufacturers for more stability and growth in the industry following a difficult year because of natural disasters and dramatic price increases in the U.S. Retailers have been accepting of increases and surcharges imposed by manufacturers to their...
- Fall may bring sales uptick. Mclntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;6/9/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p2
The article presents a forecast for the furniture industry in Richmond, Virginia for the fall of 2008. The sales of furniture and bedding will recover but the rebound will be modest. There will be a four percent decline in retail sales to $83 billion while wholesale shipments are seen to follow...
- Retail Intelligence. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p14
Reports on the performance of retail industry as of February 2004 in Great Britain. Winter sales; Rise in the value of sales compared with January 2004; Increase in the level of people paying cash or check; Drop in finance funded sales; Sales of living cabinet, bedroom cabinet, upholstery and beds.
- Shop window. // Cabinet Maker;5/28/2004, Issue 5390, p9
Describes furniture products in Great Britain, current as of May 28, 2004. Recliner sofa; Cane sofabed; Woven upholstery armchairs; Curtain fabrics; Contemporary bedroom; Retailer; Contact number.