Vietnam vets in their 'last dance.'
- Embracing the Vietnam Veteran. Desilets, Dave // All Hands;May2002, Issue 1021, p48
Presents a call for public support in the U.S. toward Vietnam veterans.
- Today is Vietnam Veterans Day. DE WIND, DORIAN // Moderate Voice;03/29/2013, p16
The article focuses on the celebration of the Vietnam Veterans Day in the U.S. on March 29, 2013 to commemorate the last day of the U.S. combat operations in Vietnam on March 29, 1973 that lasted for 40 years.
- Air Force Veteran educates VA visitors, employees through exhibits. McKinnon, Ken // Vantage Point;Nov2015, p1
The article reviews the exhibition "Reflections of Vietnam," on the U.S. veterans of the Vietnam war.
- Vietnam Veteran Addresses Regional Veterans' Day Celebration. // Officer Review Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p19
The article reports that Captain Allen B. Clark, a wounded Vietnam Special Forces hero, was given honors at the Dallas Veterans Day Parade as a Co-Grand Marshal during the Veterans' Day 2006. Clark urged the audience that the freedom that the U.S. citizens are enjoying was hard-fought, thus...
- Veterans and Poetry. Zickuhr, Kathryn // Foreign Policy in Focus;4/16/2009, p3
An interview with Dayl S. Wise, a U.S. war veteran, is presented. Wise recalls that after serving in the Vietnam War, he was hospitalized for a year and then took up engineering studies. He adds that he started to join the Veterans for Peace group when the first Gulf War emerged. He mentions...
- U.S. Veteran Population, 2007. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p123
An almanac entry for the population of U.S. veterans in 2007 is presented. More than 23 million veterans are in civilian life. The Armed Forces had more than 17 million wartime veterans. More than four million veterans serve in the Gulf War. More than seven million veterans served in the Vietnam...
- A Veteran Remembers. Conroy, James R. // America;8/1/2005, Vol. 193 Issue 3, p15
Presents a narrative of the author's experience in the Vietnamese conflict in 1969. First city of South Vietnam visited by the author; Description of the people and places in Vietnam; Return to visit in January 2005; His observation on the changes in the country; Importance of the author's...
- Should Kerrey's Wartime Acts Be Investigated? Hentoff, Nat // Insight on the News;06/04/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p44
Deals with the right of United States Vietnam War veterans to clear their names from wartime crimes. Alleged involvement of Senator Bob Kerrey in a war crime; Statement issued by Kerrey on the issue.
- Wall of war marks 25 years. Zeitvogel, Karin // Asian Pacific Post;11/22/2007, p21
The article deals with the 25th anniversary of the Wall, a memorial in Washington, D.C. for the U.S. people who died in the Vietnam War. The 25th anniversary celebration of the Wall attracted busloads of children in school trips, World War II and Vietnam War veterans and foreign tourists. The...