Power, Speed, Lethality
- Improving B-1 EW--Job One. Puttre, M. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Feb2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p26
Reports that the United States Air Force is creating a single contract for acquisition and support activities to boost the survivability of the B-1B Lancer strategic bomber in conventional operations. Terms under the contract; Estimated value of the contract; Self-protection capabilities...
- One Hot Bomber. Biggerstaff, Jim // Airman;Aug2000, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the B-1 Lancer bomber of the U.S. Air Force. Brief history of the airplane; Result of an experiment that deployed the jets in a remote airfield; Features of the bomber; Performance of the aircraft during combat missions.
- Low-Level Flight With The `BONE.'. Swoboda, Hans // Flying Safety;Mar2000, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p12
Describes the flying characteristics of the B-1 Bomber aircraft.
- Smart weapons to boost impact of B-1, B-2 force. Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/2/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 18, p48
Reports on the US Air Force's plan to build a smart-weapon-equipped, heavy bomber force to carry massive loads of high accuracy weapons to break the back of both enemy land and air forces. Employment of full range of conventional weapons on the Rockwell B-1 by 2004 and the Northrop B-2 by 1999;...
- Air Force Eyes Quick Integration of Sniper Pods On B-1B For Use In Iraq. Sirak, Michael // Defense Daily;8/24/2006, Vol. 231 Issue 35, p2
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Air Force to field Lockheed Martin's Sniper advanced targeting pod (ATP) on the B-1B Lancer bomber aircraft in short order to support combat activities in Afghanistan and Iraq. The advanced targeting technology and capability of Sniper ATP to...
- Bomber Recall. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2004, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p17
Focuses on the process of bringing back a retired B-1B bomber back to active duty of the U.S. Preservation of national aerospace assets; Acceptance inspection of the aircraft.
- CORRESPONDENCE. Smit, Dexter Jerome; Rea, William; Leblache, Pierre E.; Sutterfield, Karl; McKenna, James T. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/12/2004, Vol. 161 Issue 2, p6
Presents several letters to the editor, related to aviation and space technology. Impact of the B-1 Bomber program of former U.S. President Ronald Reagan, on the economic development of the U.S.; Methods used in rovers, to improve their ability to extract themselves from craters; Physical...
- Maintenance is our profession. Norris, Robert S.; Arkin, William M. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Mar1991, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p48
This article reports on maintenance issues among various strategic aircraft and weapon systems. Nuclear Notebook is prepared by Robert S. Norris of the Natural Resources Defense Council and William M. Arkin of Greenpeace. If the Pentagon did not have the Persian Gulf for diversion, and if it...
- The Rehabilitation of the B-1. Robertson, Maurice // National Review;3/3/1978, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p266
The article reports on developments relevant to the rehabilitation of the military aircraft, the B-1 bomber in the United States. It tells of existing policies on the production and utilization of military airplanes, reasons for the termination of the B-1 program, financial considerations for...