Chicago Museum Expects A Ratings for First Stand-Alone Deal
- Cultural Institutions Seek Buzz and Balance. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, special section p2
Focuses on the financial performance of the Franklin Institute Science Museum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Suggestion that cultural institutions such as museums tend to have a more diverse revenue stream than performing arts centers; Cost of museum's renovation project; Annual operating budget...
- An authentic New England experience. Bay, Suzanne // BusinessWest;Mar96, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p27
Reports on how the museums in Massachusetts pursue traditional business strategies in order to survive. Competition; Public relations budget; Efforts to tie up with the state's tourism promotion; Collaboration with the local government.
- National War Museum Fights for Survival. // Flying;Feb2002, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p34
Deals with issues surrounding the closure of the National War Museum from the public on September 17, 2001.
- Museums lose in fund quest. McCormick, Brian // Crain's Chicago Business;6/10/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p3
Focuses on the capital improvements and operating needs of museums in Illinois. Involvement of the Museum of Science and Industry in the legislative session; Efforts of the Field Museum to secure a disproportionate share of the money; Impact of recession on the museum finance.
- Three Years and Counting. Collogan, David // Business & Commercial Aviation;Dec2000, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p96
Features the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, an aviation and space museum at the Dulles International Airport in Washington, D.C. Problems encountered by the project; Examples of aircrafts displayed; Source of funding.
- Fresno's museums thrive amid financial ups and downs. Fujimoto, Deborah Rivera // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/22/2002, Issue 322906, p3
Focuses on the growth of the Fresno Metropolitan Museum in Fresno, California. Funding of the museum by the Fresno Arts Council; Plans for expansion and renovations; Exhibitions.
- Saginaw River community lands an anchor tenant: A floating museum. // Crain's Detroit Business;9/24/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p2
The article reports on the arrival of the Navy destroyer USS Edson in Saginaw River, Michigan, which enables the town to be a step closer to opening the Saginaw Valley Naval Ship Museum.
- Science centres struggle as funds run out. Adam, David // Nature;6/13/2002, Vol. 417 Issue 6890, p678
Reports on the funding problems encountered by science centers in Great Britain. Purpose of the science centers; Information on the debt incurred by the Glasgow Science Centre in Scotland; Actions taken by the International Centre for Life in Newcastle, England to compensate for its minimal income.
- Balance sheets. // Art Newspaper;Feb2010, Vol. 18 Issue 210, p11
This section offers news briefs concerning the finances of museums in the U.S., including the Art Institute of Chicago, the Cleveland Museum of Art and the Metropolitan Museum.
- Sponsorship under fire. Harris, Gareth // Art Newspaper;Feb2010, Vol. 18 Issue 210, p7
The article reports that private sponsorship of museums in France is benign criticized due to increasing influence on the institutions