FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Privatize highways. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/16/94, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p22
Cites the May 1994 issue of `Privatization' which reported on the idea of private toll roads worldwide. Germany, India, Poland and Vietnam are the latest additions to a group that exceeds 40 countries who opted to make use of the private sector to develop, own and operate highway infrastructure...
- Dems peer down toll hike road. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;2/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p4
Focuses on the plans of U.S. Senators in Illinois to raise the price of travelling on the state's tollway. Purpose for which the additional money would be used; Possibility of opposition to the increase in toll charges.
- Improving customer service the `E-Z' way on toll bridges. Mehran, Parviz // Roads & Bridges;Dec96, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on the use of electronic toll systems to ease traffic congestion around New York City. Description of the situation at toll booths; Description of the E-ZPass system that was installed; Amount of traffic automated lanes can handle; Description of the task of installing the system. ...
- Taxpayers To Ask Planning Board to Dump Tolls on 281 And 1604. Hall, Terri // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);10/21/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p1
In this article, the author discusses the plan of taxpayers on asking the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) to take action on whether or not to remove the 281 and 1604 freeways from toll plans in 2009 in San Antonio, Texas.
- Leesburg, Va. // American City & County;Feb1994, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the construction of the Dulles Greenway private toll road in Leesburg, Virginia.
- Toll Projects Move Forward. Hall, Terri // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);12/9/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p1
The article reports that the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) of Florida has planed for 37 toll projects, out of which 18 would come under foreign control.
- MAINE, Toll Hikes to Get Approval. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;8/13/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33763, p9
The article informs that the Maine Turnpike Authority in Maine has approved the proposal to increase the highway toll by 28 percent to 50 percent.
- BANGLADESH: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South Asia Monitor;May2011, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p7
The article offers information related to the political and economic risks, and business environment in Bangladesh including the effort to give more independence to lawmakers by freeing them from restrictions under article 70 of their constitution, the economic impact of the market growth of...
- E-470 goes to higher court. Schriener, Judy // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/7/94, Vol. 233 Issue 19, p14
Reports on a lawsuit filed by Arapahoe, Denver commissioners against the operation of a toll road in their area. Prospects of lawsuit; Comments from public authority officials.