Delaware Governor Taps New Budget Head
- Minner, Hettrick Lead CSG in 2005. // State News (Council of State Governments);Jan2005, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p29
Announces the selection of Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner and Nevada Assembly member Lynn Hettrick as leaders of the U.S. Council of State Governments (CSG) in 2005. Views of Minner in her involvement with the council; Contributions of Hettrick to CSG.
- Governor Plants Seeds For Full-Day Kindergarten. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;2/4/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p18
In an effort to bolster the ranks for Delaware state's teachers, Governor Ruth Ann Minner has urged the legislature to approve her plan to set up a Delaware Teacher Corps. Under the proposal, which the chief executive outlined in her January 22, 2004 State of the State Address, the state would...
- State of the States 2007: Information Technology Implications. Serluco, Paul // Homeland Defense Journal;Apr2007, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p78
The article summarizes various speeches of the U.S. Governors concerning proposed initiatives for fiscal 2008 related to technology focusing on homeland security, and justice and public safety. Ruth Ann Minner of Delaware recommended funding for the Delaware Information Analysis Center. Janet...
- Making their Mark. Chavers, Mikel // State News (Council of State Governments);Apr2008, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p11
The article focuses on the efforts of women in state governments in dealing with healthcare and education issues. Senator Connie Lawson of Indiana filed a legislation in 2007 requiring the HPV vaccination of girls entering sixth grade. Senator Julie Denton of Kentucky, meanwhile, received...
- Delaware bill to decrease state's scrap tire piles. // Resource Recycling;Sep2006, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p14
The article reports that Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner has signed into law a bill authorizing the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control to develop regulations governing the management of scrap tire piles. It is known as the House Bill 155 which is speculated to establish...
- Delaware Governor Signs $2.39 Billion Budget for FY2003. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;6/27/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31417, p29
Reports the signing of the operating budget for the year 2003 by Delaware governor Ruth Ann Minner. Effectivity of the proposed budget; Implementation of the across-the-board budget cuts and a three-month hiring freeze; Details on the total amount of the operating funds.
- Delaware's Governor Announces More Cuts. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p6
Reports on the announcement of additional cuts for the fiscal budget by Governor Ruth Ann Minner in Delaware.
- Delaware's Governor Signs Fiscal 2002 Capital Budget. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;7/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31173, p3
Reports that Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner has signed into law the state's 436.2 million capital budget for fiscal 2002. Issuance of 118.2 million of general obligation bonds; Amount of the overall budget and the bond authorization.
- Delaware Finds Unexpected $47.1M Of Revenue in Property Settlement. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p6
Reports that Delaware Governor Ruth Ann Minner announced an unexpected 47.1 million dollar abandoned property settlement as of January 14, 2003. Details of the settlement; Utility of the settlement in compensating the state's budget deficit; Bond premium received by the state from a competitive...