Louisiana State Bond Commission Gives Nod to $200 Million of Deals
- Colombia: Flattener On Hold, But Still Bearish Short End. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/24/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p12
This article offers a forecast for Colombia's local government debt in 2011.
- MINNESOTA: TIF GO Debt Analyzed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/8/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33660, p7
The article reports on the move of local governments in Minnesota in receiving 140 million dollars of outstanding general obligation bond debt in 2010 related to tax-increment financing districts.
- Local Government Borrowing Issues in Central and Eastern Europe. The case of Albania. Nezir Haldeda; Fran Brahimi; Elvina Merkaj // EuroEconomica;2013, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p43
During the last two decades the process of decentralization has been extended worldwide. This process has taken place in developed countries. Nowadays, this process is also being applied in developing countries in order to challenge the monopoly of centralized decision making of governments. The...
- Harrisburg Receiver in Push to Close on Assets. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;2/8/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33660, p1
The article reports on the move of Harrisburg local government in selling their two main assets by the end of June 2012 in Pennsylvania. It notes that the company has about 310 million dollars of bond debt related to an incinerator retrofit project. David Unkovic who releases the financial...
- Detroit Chapter 9: Not So Fast. STEPHEN EIDE // Investors Business Daily;4/29/2014, pA13
According to its official timetable, the Detroit
- More Disclosure on Debt, Pensions Sought in Illinois. Shields, Yvette // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;2/20/2013, p3
The article reports that Republican members of the Illinois State House of Representatives have proposed tougher disclosure requirements on local governments' debt and retiree costs as of February 20, 2013.
- Localities in Indiana's Lake County to Borrow Despite Tax Feud. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/28/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32038, p28
The article reports that Indiana Bond Bank officials plan to bring about $650 million of short-term notes to market in January 2005 with about $100 million of that privately placed for Lake County municipal borrowers, thus ending a ban on those entities' ability to borrow through the bond bank....
- Cook County Report: Local Governments Have Run Up $108 Billion Tab. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;6/22/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33537, p4
The article discusses a report presented by a treasurer of Cook County, Illinois, Maria Pappas, which reveals that the local governments in the U.S. owe 108.3 billion dollars in debt and pension liabilities.
- NEW YORK: Local Fiscal Woes Growing. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32502, p43
The article reports on the fiscal problems faced by local governments despite increases in state and education aid and a cap on Medicaid growth in New York. Six cities have projected budget gaps of more than 10 percent in 2007 in their multi-year financial plans which is an indication of severe...