BOARD STRUCTURE AND INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL RISK
Tags: INTERNATIONAL business enterprises; POLITICAL risk (Foreign investments); FORTUNE 500 companies; MANUFACTURING industries; FOREIGN investments; AGENCY theory; INVESTMENTS; RISK assessment; CHIEF executive officers; BOARDS of directors
- Business Environment Ratings 2007. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Nov2007, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p2
The article focuses on the revision of the comprehensive assessment of global business environment risk conducted by Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI). BMI explains that the improved ratings better reflect the relative risks of doing business in countries. The ratings system offers an...
- Country risk. Boczko, Anthony // Financial Management (14719185);Feb2005, p25
Provides information on how to minimize country risk for multinational companies. Components and nature of country risk; Available sophisticated rating models that attempt to provide a structured framework to assess potential country risk; Definition of micro risk assessment; List of...
- AN ANALYSIS OF THE POLITICAL RISKS ENVIRONMENT IN AMERICAN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. De Moura1, Diogo Faria; Filipe, Jos� Ant�nio; Ferreira, Manuel Alberto M.; Coelho, Manuel; Pedro, Isabel // International Journal of Academic Research;Jul2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p287
Companies investments abroad need an involving and multifaceted organization. These investments require that a company knows about political risks and other involving environment risks and knows that this topic is essential to analyse the risk of a country in which the company intends to go to....
- Asia: Japan. // Handbook of Country Risk 2005-2006;2005, p229
The article presents an economic and political risk assessment for Japan. Strengths of the country are mentioned, including competitiveness of multinationals and substantial household savings. Weaknesses of the country are outlined, including a rapidly aging population and a too-rigid education...
- A stranger in a strange land: Micro political risk and the multinational firm. Alon, Ilan; Herbert, Theodore T. // Business Horizons;Mar2009, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p127
Abstract: When a firm chooses to enter or continue business in a foreign market, it becomes exposed to associated political risks which should be assessed and managed. Help is available for becoming aware of the level of macro political risk; that is, the political risk across industries or all...
- Political Risk Assessment. Micallef, Joseph V. // Columbia Journal of World Business;Summer81, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p47
In recent years many firms engaged in international business have adopted more systematic approaches to assessing political risk. Like any new subject, however, the content and the methods of political risk assessment are still in the process of being defined. This brief essay is one attempt...
- Businesses Face Increased Complexity of Risks. Pilla, David // Best's Review;Mar2005, Vol. 105 Issue 11, p15
Reports on the awareness of multinational corporations on the political and trade credit risk to their operations due to the existence of new businesses in the U.S. Exposure of the 2005 version of political risk map; Purpose on the update of the map; Rise of China and India as major markets.
- RISK SUMMARY: EL SALVADOR. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p4
A summary of country risk assessment for El Salvador for 2010 is presented including short-term political risk, economic risk and business environment risk.
- RISK SUMMARY: NICARAGUA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p5
A summary of country risk assessment for Nicaragua for 2010 is presented which includes short-term political risk, economic risk and business environment risk.