TODD FOUTTY OF METROHEALTH: Chef balances acute, long-term care needs in Cleveland
- TRENDSETTERS. Alexis, Jennifer; Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;4/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p34
Features several food service executives in the U.S. Responsibilities of Todd Foutty, director of food operations at MetroHealth Medical Center; Aims of Julienne Stewart, food service manager at SAS Institute; Components of the accomplishments of Dennis Barrett of the Dallas Public Schools.
- Making Group Dining Attractive for Wheelchair Bound Patients. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;11/19/2014, p4
The article focuses on the specialized dining approach at Inglis House long-term care facility in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Topics covered include the launch of a remodel program for the conversion of congregate dining rooms into a household model approach, the advantages of the new household...
- The Changing Face of Long-term Care. // FoodService Director;8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p16
The article discusses the highlights of a roundtable discussion among dietary directors of U.S. long-term care facilities at the 2012 conference of the Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals. When asked about the challenges facing their segment of the industry, Jeremy T. Manners...
- State long-term care reform: Development of community care systems in six states. // Aging;1990, Issue 361, p68
Reports on `State Long-Term Care Reform: Development of Community Care Systems in Six States,' which compares and analyzes the approaches to community-based, long-term care, available from National Governors Association.
- Assuring the quality of in-home supporting services: A consumer perspective. Woodruff, Lisa; Applebaum, Robert // Journal of Aging Studies;Summer96, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p157
Analyzes care recipients' insights on the quality of in-home supportive services. Dependency autonomy; Consumer-worker relationship; Social environment; Implications.
- Cross national study of perceived service quality in long-term care facilities. Duffy, Jo Ann; Duffy, Michael; Kilbourne, William // Journal of Aging Studies;Winter97, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p327
Presents a cross national study of long-term care facilities in United Kingdom and United States. Number of nursing home facilities examined in the study; Methodology used in the study; Investigation of similarities and differences in their evaluation of service quality; Results of the study.
- Osborn Pavilion offers unique method of long-term health care. Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/24/97, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p19
Profiles the long-term health care facility Osborn Pavilion in Westchester County, New York. Grouping of people with similar diagnoses; Exclusive acceptance of private insurance.
- Lessons from computerizing a facility. Hoganson, Jerry L. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p20
Discusses how to implement clinical computer systems in long term-care facilities to cope with increased demand for additional data, different forms of data, greater staff efficiency and ready access to data. Assessment of organizational need; Selection of appropriate computer hardware;...
- Tips for respiratory services success. Hyatt, Laura // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Oct96, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p10
Offers tips on how post-acute facilities can institute a respiratory or ventilator program. Need for board-certified pulmonologist as the medical director; Environmental issues such as convenient location, temperature control, power and space availability to accommodate the necessary equipment.