BUILDING SWEET PROFITS WITH: FRUIT & FRUITY DESSERTS
- Fruits of labor. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;6/20/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p33
The article reports that chefs around the United States are adding unexpected flavor to both sweet and savory dishes by grilling and roasting fruits. Peaches, plums and pineapples are just a few of the fruit varieties making appearances on menus. At the fine-dining restaurant Chanterelle in New...
- Fruitful Endings. Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p56
The article presents information on items of fruits and fruit dessert. At Wellmont Holston Valley Medical Center in Kingsport, Tennessee, Chef Armand Celentano menus both purchased and homemade fruit cobblers, pies, turnovers, crisps, trifles, strudels, dump cakes and fools. Fruit desserts are...
- Chefs get creative with desserts while awaiting summer bounty. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;5/9/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p5
Reports that chefs in New York City restaurants have to be creative in their desserts while awaiting the fruits of summer such as the stone fruit and melons. Use of berries, citrus and other regional produce that are coming into season in the spring; Use of fresh herbs to add savory elements to...
- Tip of the month. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jun97, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p16
Presents a recipe for a healthful dessert. Blueberries and raspberries on cantaloupe.
- Fast and Fresh Fruit Desserts. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p30
Presents cooking tips for fresh fruit desserts. Baking; Barbecuing; Cooking of fast pie.
- SIMPLE AND GREAT-TASTING: FRUITY DESSERTS. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p134
Reports on the results of the `Foodservice Director's' research monitor on desserts. Percentage of foodservice operators that served fruit cobblers and fruit tarts; Percentage of foodservice directors that are using fruit toppings on their desserts; Cobbler flavors; Recipe for Lemon Cake With...
- the sweetness of summer. // Good Housekeeping;Jul2006, Vol. 243 Issue 1, p160
Photographs of fruit desserts are presented.
- Frozen desserts: providing a perfect finish to your dining experience. Bensky, Gary // Nation's Restaurant News;05/01/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p23
Indicates the dessert station as the most challenging department of a restaurant's kitchen. Traditional hierarchy of the kitchen; Use of frozen desserts to augment the restaurant's dessert menu; Frozen desserts equipment.
- AN ONGOING LOVE AFFAIR: FOREVER CHOCOLATE. Lassen Fiss, Mary // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p58
Provides information on the popularity of chocolate desserts in the food service industry in the U.S. Popularity of chocolate treats during holidays; Range of chocolate specialties being offered by Franklin Lakes, New-Jersey-based Cosmo Farinola; Significance of the visual appeal of the dessert...