ROAST 'EM, TOSS 'EM, SHOW 'EM OFF: MIXED-UP VEGETABLES
- Veggie delights. Marinelli, Marianne Bellon // Good Housekeeping;Oct94, Vol. 219 Issue 4, p274
Presents recipes for vegetable side dishes. Includes Sugared Carrots; Broccoli Puffs; Maple Butternut Squash.
- 5 great vegetable side dishes. Quick, Susan // Glamour;Sep98, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p118
Presents five vegetable recipes. Sauteed corn and peppers; Chilled cucumber-yogurt salad; Cool tomato salad; Green beans with pesto; Steamed okra with lime butter.
- Pub chefs urged to focus more on veg. Foottit, Lesley // Publican's Morning Advertiser;10/11/2012, Issue 74, p27
The article reports that pub chefs are being encouraged to make vegetables an essential part of meals rather than serving them as side dishes.
- Forgotten Riches. // Better Nutrition;Aug2003, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p22
Mustard greens is a little-known vegetable that is positively rich in iron, phosphorous, and vitamins A, B and C. Mustard greens are usually served as a side dish, similar to spinach, and they can be steamed, sautÃ©ed or simmered. The dark green, leafy vegetable has a pungent, peppery flavor....
- A healthy way to boost pub meals. Foottit, Lesley // Publican's Morning Advertiser;10/11/2012, Issue 74, p27
The author reflects on the healthy way to boost meals pubs through serving vegetables as an integral part rather than a side dish.
- No Longer on the Sidelines. Holay, Anju // Prepared Foods;Jul2009, Vol. 178 Issue 7, p15
The article reports on the continued growth of side dish products in the U.S. It cites trends and events that have influenced the side dish category's performance, including the aging population and health concerns and limited time left to prepare meals. Data from The Nielsen Co. revealed that...
- New food launches Mar-May: vegetables experience impressive growth. // MarketWatch: Food;Aug2006, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p9
The article reports that the vegetable and vegetable side dishes category has experienced impressive growth, with over 300 percent more launches under this category in March to May 2006 than the same timeframe last year. Other high growth categories in the period include snacks and yogurt and...
- The vegetable debate. // Food Service;Nov2007, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p8
The article discusses the findings of the Healthy Halo report on the perceptions of both chefs and consumers when it comes to serving vegetables on restaurant menus released by Massey University in Palmerston North, New Zealand in November 2007. The results showed that the higher-market...
- A Southern Side View. Sheehan, Patricia // Food Management;Aug2003, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p68
Presents tips of chef Sydney Meers in spicing up side dishes. Addition of tasso for vegetables; Use of stone ground white meal in preparing cornmeal mush; Alternative to mashed potatoes.