Ethnic specialties rule
- A 'made-to-order' biz. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p104
Focuses on the emphasis on sandwiches as the main food offering of school food service businesses in the United States. Introduction of do-it-yourself and custom-made sandwich selections; Turkey sandwiches as the most popular selection; Case examples at Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont and...
- Grilled cheese still no.1. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p116
Focuses on trends in sandwiches offered by food services at schools in the United States. Which sandwiches are most popular; What some food service operators at schools in various states are offering; Comments from food service operators.
- Heathier choices gain favor. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p76
Reports on the entree salads offered in schools food service. Growth in the popularity of salads in elementary schools; Healthy salads served in some schools; Variations of salads offered at the Hillsborough County schools.
- At the bar. Lydecker, Toni // FoodService Director;4/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p148
Features salad bars found in cafeterias controlled by Brandywine Schools District, which is located in Claymont, Delaware. Comments from food service director Kim Doherty; Information on the self-serve bars. INSETS: The game plan for ready-to-go salads.;Today Caesar reigns..
- Promoting salad bars. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p118
Discusses the efforts of school food service directors to promote salad bars in school cafeterias. Provision of a variety of vegetables, fruits and composed salads; Offering of self-serve salad bars; Setting up of salad bars during meetings; Popularity of all-you-can eat salad bars.
- TO BOOST `SPECIAL SALES': SC schools serving branded chicken. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p5
Reports that Greenville City School District in South Carolina created its own branded chicken filet sandwich to increase high school Special Sales revenues. Ingredients of the CluxDelux chicken filet sandwich; Features of the CluxDelux Meal Deal; Details on the success of the CluxDelux.
- Paper profits. // Food Management;Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p15
Describes how Erie School District in Pennsylvania increased the sales of hot sandwiches in school year 1998-99 by simply wrapping the items with colorful aluminum foil. Comments of Bill Marshall, district general manager of food services for the Metz & Associates managed-account; Idea...
- BETTER REIMBURSABLE MEALS: OAKLAND USD UPGRADES. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the Deli Delite sandwich program at Oakland Unified School District's high school cafeterias in spring 2003. Response of students to the program; Other meal included in the program; Advantage of the program to students; Cost of sandwich.
- MENU TRENDS: ON-SITE SALES Drivers SANDWICHES. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;6/21/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p36
Reports on the increase in the demand for sandwiches with upscale ingredients in the United States. Efforts of on-site operators to please the increasingly sophisticated palates of customers who want more upscale breads and sandwich ingredients; Sandwich selections at Ashland University's...