HOW TO HITCH YOUR CAREER TO A STAR: WHO'S YOUR MENTOR
- The power of mentoring. Maeglin, Kathy // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/13/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p31
Discusses the importance of mentoring in business. Career development; Benefits of mentoring; Tips for finding the right mentor; Misconceptions about mentoring.
- Getting a helping hand. Arthur, Audrey // Black Enterprise;Sep97, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p72
Elaborates the importance of a mentor for a career development. Ways to find a mentor; Needed qualifications of a mentor; Number of mentors needed; Factors that make up for a good mentor/protege relationship; Aid in the success of the partnership; Things a protege should be prepared for once the...
- Career-building essentials. Richardson, Helen L. // Transportation & Distribution;Apr95, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p89
Presents views and philosophies from successful logistics professionals concerning networking and mentoring. Networking as a way of life; Offer of wisdom to less experienced employees through mentoring; Building of successful employee relationships; Mentors as a career source to junior...
- 3 picker-uppers. // Administrative Professional Today;Sep2010, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p5
The article offers tips on how a person can have professional growth such as listening to podcasts, finding a conversational partner, and seek help form mentors in social networking web sites.
- Employee Development Through Coaching, Mentoring and Counseling: A Multidimensional Approach. Minter, Robert L.; Thomas, Edward G. // Review of Business;Spring/Summer2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1/2, p43
Discusses the coaching and counseling in the context of employee development. Guidelines for the practicing manager to consider when addressing employee performance development; Why communication strategies utilized by the manager-mentor are somewhat different than those used by the manager...
- reach back: virtual mentoring. KC // Ebony;May2011, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p76
The article looks at virtual mentoring programs, in which human resource departments ask their experienced employees to mentor others through electronic mail messages and video-conferencing.
- Guiding Light. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;4/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p56
The article reports on the launch of mentoring programs launched by women foodservice directors in the U.S. Patsy Lynch has developed a program that allowed them to visit and learn from other schools' managers. Joyce Akins is often sought out for advice from beginning directors. Akins also lets...
- The next platform in learning. Williams, Brent // BeanScene Magazine;Dec2015, Issue 42, p80
The author discusses the purpose of coffee championships hosted by the Australian Specialty Coffee Association (ASCA). Topics covered include the impetus provided by barista competitions for coffee drinkers, the support received by baristas from a cafe to help them on their journey and the type...
- Lead employees to learning. Schuster, Karolyn; Molaro, Audrey // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p17
Suggests ways to motivate food service employees to seek out training and educational opportunities. Hiring of self-motivated employees; Spread of popularity of a course through word of mouth; Opening of career advancement opportunities; Networking among employees.