SLIGHT ADJUSTMENT FOR SY 2002-'03: New entitlement rate for school lunch
- More than a village. Mogelonsky, Marcia // American Demographics;Aug98, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p61
Presents information on the result of a survey conducted by the United States Department of Agriculture Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion about the cost of raising a child. Annual cost of raising a child in the urban area; Expenditures of families in the urban West; Expenditure on...
- Congress increases funds for minor-use pesticide research. // American Nurseryman;1/15/94, Vol. 179 Issue 2, p95
Reports on the US Congress' approval of the fund allocations for the Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Interregional Research Project Number Four (IR-4). Project's provisions; Hiring of former USDA horticulturist J. Ray Frank.
- Diet time at the agriculture department. // U.S. News & World Report;6/22/92, Vol. 112 Issue 24, p25
Reports that the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) boasts a budget bigger than those of all but 17 countries. New Census Bureau report finding that less than two percent of America's people are still living on farms; Why Democrats and Republicans alike are calling for the USDA to go...
- Agriculture Appropriations Committee grants $3.75M to NET. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/06/97, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p34
Reports that the US Congress' Agriculture and Appropriations Committee has appropriated $3.75 million for the Department of Agriculture's Nutrition and Training program.
- Mega-million dollar price tag for food safety. // Food Engineering;May2002, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p16
No abstract available.
- Agency allocates $79 million for rural rental housing. Blackwell, Kisha // America's Community Banker;Jan99, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the United States Department of Agriculture's (USDA) allocation for the building of affordable rental housing in rural areas in 1999. Advantages of a competitive application process; Basis of loan requests; Level of demand for the loans under the USDA Section 515 Rural Housing Program.
- USDA issues final 2007 crop counter-cyclical payments for upland cotton. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);10/30/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p3
The article reports that Agriculture Secretary Ed Schafer informs that the U.S. Department of Agriculture will release $384 million in the final 2007 counter-cyclical payments for cotton.
- Farm Bill funding to be used for pest control projects. // GMPRO - Greenhouse Management & Production;Mar2010, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p33
The article reports on the total funding that was allocated by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and provided by the 2008 Farm Bill for the detection and action against plant pests and diseases.
- House passes Fiscal 1999 Agriculture Appropriations. // Human Events;07/24/98, Vol. 54 Issue 28, p22
Reports that on June 24, 1998, the United States House approved the Fiscal 1999 Agriculture Appropriation Bill to provide $55.9 billion for agriculture programs. Results of the vote taken on the bill; In-depth look at the bill; Reasons for opposition of liberals.