3RD QUARTER TO REMAIN STEADY: Moderate inflation continues--up 1.08%
- QUICK MEALS FROM CANS. // Ebony;Sep1954, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p84
The article discusses procedures on how to prepare delicious meals from frozen and canned foods.
- Is Frozen Better Than Fresh? Haspel, Tamar // Self;Dec99, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p87
Talks about the nutritional value and taste of canned and frozen food as compared to fresh food. Vegetables that gain flavor when canned; Fruit that maintains taste against the rigors of canning; What is usually added to canned or frozen food.
- KITCHEN NOTEBOOK: ingredients. Lear, Jane Daniels // Gourmet;Apr2000, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p146
Provides information on several frozen and canned exotic products. Availability of flat plastic packets of frozen fruit pulp; Brands recommended for canned mango; Insight on yuca.
- 3rd-Quarter Prices Stay Ahead of 2004's. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p32
This article reports the decline in prices of food in the FoodService Director Market Basket Index in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2005. The meat category dropped 2.52% from last quarter, reflecting a decrease in all sectors. The seafood index moved up 1.92% while the frozen food index...
- Y2K Disasters for Which We'd Fondly Hoped. Thayer, Warren // Frozen Food Age;Dec99, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p6
Discusses problems encountered in the frozen food industry. Explosions in supermarkets selling frozen food; Problem concerning the year 2000 computer problem; Application of the global positioning system in the industry.
- You can count on canned and frozen when fresh can't be had. // Environmental Nutrition;Feb1993, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p3
Gives advice on how to shop for, store and prepare packaged fruits and vegetables so that they retain maximum nutrition and flavor. Avoidance of buying food in bulk bags; Shelf life of frozen vegetables; Temperature for storage; Instructions for cooking.
- MEAT, FROZEN, CANNED FOOD GAIN: Market Basket up 1.84% in 3rd qtr. Thienpont, Chuck // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p42
Presents information on the prices of various commodities in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2003. Poultry; Seafood; Canned goods; Frozen foods.
- Vegetable processors plan for recovery. // Prepared Foods;Jun94, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the recovery efforts of canned and frozen vegetable packers in the United States for 1994. Contracting for more than one million acres of corn, peas and green beans; Percent of increase in acreage contracted; Factors for the low production in 1993.
- Expanding the Audience. // Prepared Foods;Nov2000, Vol. 169 Issue 11, p108
Provides information on the market expansion of canned food industry in different countries. Reasons consumers prefer frozen ready meals; Projection on the sales growth of ready meals by the year 2004.