TAX INCENTIVES FOR HEALTH INS
- New year, new laws. Dahl, Darren // Inc.;Jan2006, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p24
The article provides information on state tax policies in the U.S. that will take effect at the start of 2006. Arizona is offering a 25% tax credit to individuals and businesses installing solar panels. Under the Small Employer Incentive Act, businesses may qualify for income and property tax...
- Go For It. Cannon, Bill // Motor Age;Jul2001, Vol. 120 Issue 7, p7
Comments on the Skilled Workforce Enhancement Act, a legislative bill in that will establish a tax credit for small businesses to set up apprenticeship programs to train workers. Significance of the bill for the United States automotive sector; Reasons why technicians and shop owners should be...
- New law puts support behind small business for Y2K fixes. Lowe, Roger K. // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/12/99, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p19
Presents news and information concerning small business legislation in the United States. Includes approval of the Small Business Year 2000 Readiness Act which helps small businesses deal with the year 2000 computer problem; Tax breaks for small businesses; Survey which revealed that high...
- Your rights to regulatory fairness: SBREFA update. Turville, Mary A. // National Public Accountant;May98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p45
Focuses on the Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act (SBREFA), a legislation introduced in the United States in 1996 which ensures that small entity concerns receive appropriate consideration in the development and enactment of regulatory procedures. Key aspects of the legislation;...
- Your rights to regulatory fairness. // National Public Accountant;Jun98, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p43
Presents an overview of the Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act of 1996 (SBREFA). Regulatory compliance simplification; Equal access to justice amendments; Congressional review; Regulatory enforcement reform of penalties; Small business advocacy review panels; Oversight of...
- Mom and pop get even. Kosterlitz, Julie // National Journal;3/8/97, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p457
Focuses on Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act, a law designed to give small businesses new ways of challenging government regulators. Comparison with other laws concerning small businesses; Effect of the law to regulatory agencies and to small businesses; Supporters of the law.
- Small Business Superfund Exemption Gets Killed in House by Narrow Margin. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;10/02/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 14, p1
Reports that a legislation which relieves small businesses from Superfund liability was blocked in the United States (U.S.) House of Representatives in October 2000. Sponsors of the proposed bill; Provisions included; Position of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on the bill.
- Piece by Piece. Barlas, Stephen // Entrepreneur;Oct99, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p131
Describes bills in the United States for small businesses. Small Business Review Panel Technical Amendments Act; Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act of 1996; Small Business Access and Choice for Entrepreneurs Act.
- Rule 506's Popularity with Small Issuers Greater than is Merited. // SCOR Report;Sep2001, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p1
Evaluates the application of the National Securities Market Improvement Act of 1996 (Rule 506) to small businesses in the United States. Provisions of the Act; Rules on the accreditation of investors; Contributions of employers to a profit sharing plan.