SCHOOL FOODSERVICE: Congress urged to cut red tape for summer programs
- SCHOOL LUNCH 'OVER-CERTIFICATION': ASFSA warns Congress about over-zealous income rules...while school lunch safety concerns resurface in Senate. // FoodService Director;4/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p12
Presents an update on issues concerning school food service in the U.S. as of April 15, 2003. Concerns of the American School Food Service Association over the impact of income verification requirements on the National School Lunch Program; Provisions of the proposed Safe School Food Act.
- Legislation Could Improve Nutritional Quality, School Foods. // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the introduction of the Child Nutrition Promotion and School Lunch Act of 2006, which would amend the Child Nutrition Act of 1966. The bill would update the definition of food of minimal value, which would improve the nutritional quality of foods sold at schools. School...
- News digests. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/25/99, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p21
Reports developments in the school food service industry as of October 1999. Introduction of The Express at Schultz and the services offered at the Virginia Tech University in Canada; Similarity between American and Canadian school children in terms of dependence on school meal programs;...
- Making NSLP do the job: How AR schools work it out. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the strategies used by member schools at the Pulaski County Special District, Little Rock, Arkansas, in providing popular food items that will meet the reimbursable meal criteria of the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Working promotions on concepts by fast food chains; Reasons...
- Food, Glorious Food. Pricola, Jennifer // Teacher Magazine;Aug/Sep2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p14
Presents information on several fruit-enriched dishes which the United States National School Lunch Program is planning to require in school cafeterias. Sweet Potato Pancakes; Almond Date Bar; Cranberry Barbecue Sauce; Cherry Hamburger.
- Building on the pyramid. Pearl, Anita // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p152
Reports on the introduction of vegetarian options in nutrition programs in schools in the United States. Nutrition-oriented nature of the School Lunch Program; Launching of the Agriculture Department's `Team Nutrition Schools Program'; Henderson County food service director Pamela Tamer's use...
- Las Vegas dist. tests feeding formats. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p16
Presents information on Clark County's testing of feeding formats in relation to school meals. Detailed information on the testing; Reasons for the testing; Comments from Dan McPartlin, food services.
- Another Nutty Rant by Another Texas Goober. HIGHTOWER, JIM // Progressive Populist;11/1/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p3
The article reports on the criticisms of Texas agricultural commissioner Todd Staples for his school cafeteria initiative, called Meatless Mondays.
- Corporate Lunchroom Bullies. Trainor, Charles K. // American School Board Journal;Feb2012, Vol. 199 Issue 2, p36
The article discusses the ways in which school food vendors engage in fraudulent business practices in order to profit illegally. The author comments on the two tactics of delivering under-weight food packages and substituting counterfeit food products for higher-quality items according to the...